• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Patrik Gunnarsson signs on a week long emergency loan

Patrick Gunnarsson signs. 19 year old from Brentford. Played once in the 1st team. Isn’t it better in this case to go with what we already have goalkeeper wise?

Had a look and yeah he seems to be the only Icelandic GK in the championship.

Would have preferred someone more experienced who could work with the youngsters.

Is he really any better than Harry Seaden though?

Last edited:
Had a look and yeah he seems to be the only Icelandic GK in the championship.

Would have preferred someone more experienced who could work with the youngsters.

Is he really any better than Harry Seaden though?
We'll find out on Saturday I reckon.

Hang on, according to Ron we are getting ted as well

Who will be number 1. I was hoping ted would come in, do well and this would kick start his career

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United have signed Brentford goalkeeper Patrik Gunnarsson on a week's long emergency loan deal from Championship side Brentford.

More...

As soon as Ted Smith is signed (and can actually play) I think he will be sent back to Brentford. He looks good in the YouTube clips and hopefully does well as long as he’s here for!!

All very odd. The Birmingham keeper made a little more sense due to his exposure to Championship football.

I would fully expect him to be here for a week and then for Ted to re-sign.

Under the conditions set out for an emergency loan keeper, as soon as Ted is registered, we will no longer be able to use that source. Really could be a one off.

You are quite right

Ted hasn’t been given a contract to sign yet. I hope we arnt”t playing silly buggers with him and aren’t waiting to see the new lad play before we decide whether to sign and register Ted

Last edited:
A week?
I am assuming that is to allow time to get some one else in on a longer loan

Back