• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Patrik Gunnarsson signs on a week long emergency loan

Interestingly i believe Burton had either two or 3 players with the same knee issue who's training is managed very well and they've played every game nearly
League 1 squad sizes mean these things have to be done by experienced managers. Unfortunately we haven't got one !

Are those Burton players 34? Are they being played out of position?

Are those Burton players 34? Are they being played out of position?

I don't know which ones they were.... Sorry. But bearing in mind demi can be used right back left back left mid or right mid and possibly is an upgrade in all those places , to not have him somewhere is an odd one.
As an aside - not often you see two brothers on opposing sides - good to see.

Regarding the keeper (this thread) .... Thought he looked as Good or better than seadon. more vocal and not bad distribution - Either could be played in the absence of an experienced keeper which is whats needed.

How did Gunnarsson do today against Oxford?

Tricky shout really. His positioning and and command of his area were really good, as was his distribution. On the negative side he needlessly grabbed the Oxford' forward's shirt when he had his back to him, which led to their penalty. I would be happy to see him between the sticks for the Bristol game and it would not surprise me if Sol gets another week's extension.

A rush of blood to tug back the opponents shirt to give the pen away early doors, which was poor, but other than that pretty well imo. Good handling, came well for the crosses, good distribution and bravely out a couple of times.

Tricky shout really. His positioning and and command of his area were really good, as was his distribution. On the negative side he needlessly grabbed the Oxford' forward's shirt when he had his back to him, which led to their penalty. I would be happy to see him between the sticks for the Bristol game and it would not surprise me if Sol gets another week's extension.

Sol will do what he needs to to keep HH happy. Personally, I'd prefer to see Seaden there.

As others have said overall he played well and commanded his area. But the one mistake cost us the first goal. A needless tug on the Oxford players shirt and the ref couldn't wait to point to the spot, yet missed a similar tug on Shaughnessys shirt later on

Every game is a dead rubber now, we are already down so why not give Seaden a chance and give him much needed experience and exposure to league football? The way it’s going he may be needed in L2 next season...

But no, our management team would rather develop another clubs young keeper.

The difference between Seaden and the Brentford keeper must be marginal. Did he actually make a save today?

I’d personally prefer to see Seaden in goal until Oxley is fit again.

Back