• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Patrik Gunnarsson signs on a week long emergency loan

A week?
I am assuming that is to allow time to get some one else in on a longer loan

If Ted signs I expect he will take over number 1 duties with Harry on the bench. It is a valid point to question whether this 19 year old is better than our own 19 year old. Personally and for the optics I wouldn't have bothered.

Would rather carry on with Seaden to be fair. But I guess it depends why we’ve brought this guy in. Maybe Sol doesn’t think Harry is properly ready in which case, throwing him in now is a potential career killer if he’s gonna leak goals left, right and centre.

I’d give Seaden a run in the 1st team, why not give one our own an opportunity instead of someone else’s youth keeper?

Re: Ted Smith, I really didn’t rate him sorry. Bundle of nerves and hasn’t played competitive football for a long time, it’d be a huge risk to make him our no.1

Sorry Ted fans, but he wasn’t good enough before, why would he be good enough now?

I am all for looking after our own first, but I do feel it is a little different for goalkeepers. I am happy with the decision made to use the emergency loan system.

I’d give Seaden a run in the 1st team, why not give one our own an opportunity instead of someone else’s youth keeper?

Re: Ted Smith, I really didn’t rate him sorry. Bundle of nerves and hasn’t played competitive football for a long time, it’d be a huge risk to make him our no.1

Sorry Ted fans, but he wasn’t good enough before, why would he be good enough now?

Maybe because the other one is better? Brentford have a good reputation for youth development and recruitment.

Agree with you about Ted Smith, though. Think he's another one who was overrated because he was 'one of our own'.

Because he's cheap.

Just spoken to a Brentford fan at work and this guy is very highly rated by them. Very agile and fantastic shot stopping, although not the most commanding in the area which is probably a reflection of his age.

Agreed, had a couple of good games but really fell away. No better than Bishop was imo.

Feel as if this loan may be with a vision to get him back on loan next season, seeing as HH has done so much “due diligence” on him according to Ron.

Really don't understand this to be honest. Why bring in a 19 year old !!! to play instead of our 2 18 year olds !!! I could understand bringing in some experience if we felt it might help us survive but lets face it....we are getting relegated so give the kids some experience over the next 12 games to help them prepare for next season.

Really don't understand this to be honest. Why bring in a 19 year old !!! to play instead of our 2 18 year olds !!! I could understand bringing in some experience if we felt it might help us survive but lets face it....we are getting relegated so give the kids some experience over the next 12 games to help them prepare for next season.

Exactly ! What's the point ? We're going down anyway. Might aswell play the youngsters, give them some experience, and save the £'s.

Back