• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Patrik Gunnarsson signs on a week long emergency loan

What sense does it make to bring in a goalkeeper on loan, with only one appearance.Seaden,also has one appearance.What signal does that give Seaden.Very poor judgement on Campbell's behalf.

I didn't get this loan and I still don't. Thought Harry did ok the other night, and would have been fine for a 2nd game at least before getting someone in - whether that's Ted or a loan.

Believe Sol did it to protect Seaden.He made a mistake for the Gillingham goal and thought he is not ready to play in this inexperience team.

I can only imagine sol wanted to meet him and suss him out with a view to potentially signing or season long loan.

Otherwise i agree with everyone else, pointless and nonsensical.

Distribution wise he was way ahead of all our players though and can tell he had trained in the Championship. Half the time when he collected the ball he'd run out to the edge of the box looking for an option our defence had hardly left the box and nobody looking for the ball.

Distribution wise he was way ahead of all our players though and can tell he had trained in the Championship. Half the time when he collected the ball he'd run out to the edge of the box looking for an option our defence had hardly left the box and nobody looking for the ball.
You're not wrong there, he gave the ball to poor old Miles and he was so surprised he immediately gave it back to a Burton forward.

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell brought in Brentford goalkeeper Patrik Gunnarsson on loan because he ‘wanted something different’.

More...

Even crazier decision not to go with Jason in midfield then instead of the mantom and Dieng combination, may have made a significant difference and even possibly a win, Not sure What wondrously deep thinking is going on here

Even crazier decision not to go with Jason in midfield then instead of the mantom and Dieng combination, may have made a significant difference and even possibly a win, Not sure What wondrously deep thinking is going on here
Throw out a load of players and see what happens. ?

I think most would agree Demi is the best option in midfield but I do think he is a player who needs his games managed now. I am still convinced that Ferdinands second season with us would have been much better if PB had not played him twice a week, every game and given him time to recover.

Weird or what....we are losing every week ...why not use your best players Sol.
Hutchinson must have been rotated out the team after the last week!

I thought it was a strange signing given his first team appearance record was the same as Seadon's as in one appearance. That aside, I would have had Demi in midfield and kept Dieng at the back, i didnt think we looked as comfortable there as we have in recent weeks. Mitchell Nelson has played well next to Dieng and I thought they were a good combination

Protecting our young players is something we haven't done at all well this season. How many of them will be scarred from their experiences? Poor old Dickie Taylor had a nightmare against Oxford and has barely been seen since, Eren Kinali had a bit of a bad day on Saturday and had the crowd groaning at him, and Mitchell-Nelson's gifted Burton a goal, and it will probably be the last we see of him for a while because we have some players coming back in his position.

So if he felt it necessary to freshen things up with a new face, perhaps inject a bit of optimism, while protecting Harry Seaden from a game he isn't ready for, then fine. That's why he brought the loan keeper in. It's hardly like when Alvin Martin dropped player of the year Simon Royce for a fat, uncommitted Neville Southall, is it?

That's how I saw it anyway, Gunnarsson made a few good saves but had a few dodgy moments, as anyone would playing behind a back line made up of three youngsters and a guy coming back from long-term injury.

I think most would agree Demi is the best option in midfield but I do think he is a player who needs his games managed now. I am still convinced that Ferdinands second season with us would have been much better if PB had not played him twice a week, every game and given him time to recover.

Interestingly i believe Burton had either two or 3 players with the same knee issue who's training is managed very well and they've played every game nearly
League 1 squad sizes mean these things have to be done by experienced managers. Unfortunately we haven't got one !

Back