• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Sky sports have reported that Swindon have blocked Portsmouth attempt to extend Paul Benson's loan at Fratton Park.

We know that PS is a fan and even we may be in a better financial situation than Pompey.

WOuld welcome a short term loan with Assombolonga and Eastwood both out for a while. We have lots of games coming up.

I live in the same building as his aunty and uncle - will pop up and have a word (uncle is a Shrimper) :winking:

If they've blocked it surely it means they want him back ?

No mate, think it's as Pompey are really skint (they released 7/8 players last couple of weeks) and wanted him for no or minimal money, Di Canio said they can't give presents, in fact only last week Di Canio was moaning how he will have to put his own money into Swindon for loanees he has. Therefore Benson (on loan to say us) out on loan frees up more money for Di Canio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20983919

The report on BBC Sport seems to suggest that two other clubs have made bids on Benson, one further away one closer?!?

wait for it, paul benson may sign for us on monday, you heard it from me first:thumbsup:

wait for it, paul benson may sign for us on monday, you heard it from me first:thumbsup:
Suppose if PS was after another striker it would help that Kavanagh knows Benson from his days at Charlton. Surely it would only be a short term loan though, I thought Swindon wanted to offload him permanently.

He's 33 now- so its getting to now or never if he wants to have a season or two with his 'home town' club. Bit like with bomber. But given he's nearly fit again I cant see another striker cominig without someone going out unless it looks like Brit will be out for a while (in which case do we still pay his wages?)

Also not Pauk Benson is 6'2"- is he pretty good in the air- we only have BBBC at the moment and I am sure PS would like a second aerial threat up front?

Back