• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Brush Q+A

steveh1510

Life President
On the official site:

Paul Brush Q+A

Interesting: 'We knew Leon (Constantine) was going for a few weeks before it happened.'

Yet Tilson said previously that Leon didn't inform him of his decision.
rock.gif

Beat me to it steve!!

Brilliant article, proper questions and detailed answers but that particular point about Leon Constantine did interest me!

Wow, what an interview. A lot to take in.

Good points: Brushy (not Basil!) spotted Pettefer & Dudders; Tilly spotted Nicolau (left-footed players' appreciation society?!) and Bentley; they really rate Jimmy Corbett.

Interesting point: (as Naps & I discussed elsewhere) it's Brush who takes the lead in spotting new players.

Dodgy point: <span style='color:blue'>&quot;We want a squad of about 20 at the moment we probably haven&#39;t even 14 signed at the moment so there&#39;s a bit more work to do... we&#39;ve still got a few more players to bring in but we know 20 players will be the most we can bring in and we just pray we don&#39;t get the injuries that hampered us last season&quot;</span>

Hmm.... that worries me a lot. It&#39;s putting an awful lot in the lap of the Gods, which is seldom a wise thing to do...

A squad of 20 as well... crumbs&#33; No wonder they want to keep the reserve team fixtures on an ad hoc basis...

wow.gif
rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 04 2004,10:37)]some very good questions and answers there.Apparently Brush brought in Pettefer &amp; Dudfield, Tilly brought in Bentley &amp; Nicolau.............
All good signings, encouraging to know that both have the abililty and eye for talent&#33;

Going to Matt&#39;s point, even if they still do need six or seven signings, I pretty sure Tilly and Brushy will do the business&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 04 2004,11:37)]Wow, what an interview. A lot to take in.

Good points: Brushy (not Basil&#33;) spotted Pettefer &amp; Dudders; Tilly spotted Nicolau (left-footed players&#39; appreciation society?&#33;) and Bentley; they really rate Jimmy Corbett.

Interesting point: (as Naps &amp; I discussed elsewhere) it&#39;s Brush who takes the lead in spotting new players.

Dodgy point: <span style='color:blue'>&quot;We want a squad of about 20 at the moment we probably haven&#39;t even 14 signed at the moment so there&#39;s a bit more work to do... we&#39;ve still got a few more players to bring in but we know 20 players will be the most we can bring in and we just pray we don&#39;t get the injuries that hampered us last season&quot;</span>

Hmm.... that worries me a lot. It&#39;s putting an awful lot in the lap of the Gods, which is seldom a wise thing to do...

A squad of 20 as well... crumbs&#33; No wonder they want to keep the reserve team fixtures on an ad hoc basis...

wow.gif
rock.gif

Matt
The size of the squad doesn&#39;t worry me too much. If need be, we&#39;ll get loanees in... and as we&#39;ve seen in that past season... we can discover squad members of the future this way.

I was on the phone to him for 40 minutes doing that so I hope you enjoy it. Boy can he talk&#33;

Nah, it was sh*te, Dave. Everything is sh*te about SUFC. We&#39;re all sh*te, the supporters are sh*te, the players are sh*te, the directors are a bunch of fecking losers, the whole thing smells of a badly stained and hung fish pie, it was sh*te, Dave, sh*te ...

WS

ps - it THAT better, Wiggy?&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,10:52)]Nah, it was sh*te, Dave. Everything is sh*te about SUFC. We&#39;re all sh*te, the supporters are sh*te, the players are sh*te, the directors are a bunch of fecking losers, the whole thing smells of a badly stained and hung fish pie, it was sh*te, Dave, sh*te ...

WS

Mike, it&#39;s Friday. Don&#39;t let wiggy get you down... he&#39;s a to**er anyway.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,10:52)]Nah, it was sh*te, Dave. Everything is sh*te about SUFC. We&#39;re all sh*te, the supporters are sh*te, the players are sh*te, the directors are a bunch of fecking losers, the whole thing smells of a badly stained and hung fish pie, it was sh*te, Dave, sh*te ...

WS

You forgot to mention how short Darryl Flahavan is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 04 2004,10:47)]I was on the phone to him for 40 minutes doing that so I hope you enjoy it. Boy can he talk&#33;
I always thought u did these things on a face to face basis. Must have been bloody hard getting it all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 04 2004,10:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,10:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 04 2004,10:47)]I was on the phone to him for 40 minutes doing that
Must have been bloody hard
It wasn&#39;t that sort of phonecall, pervert.
Nice to know that I&#39;m not the only one whose mind resides in the gutter...

ghostface.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 04 2004,10:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 04 2004,10:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,10:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ June 04 2004,10:47)]I was on the phone to him for 40 minutes doing that
Must have been bloody hard
It wasn't that sort of phonecall, pervert.
Nice to know that I'm not the only one whose mind resides in the gutter...

ghostface.gif

tounge.gif
Indeed. No matter how low you think you can go Matt, just look down and I'll be there.....

... so to speak, that is.

Top work Scriv&#33;&#33; U realise now, you&#39;ve set the standard now, we&#39;ll expect that detail every week now&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif

Back