• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have just been given some information that he's stopped doing this for "personal reasons" at the moment. Hopefully he will be back in the future.

:unsure:
Hope all is well with him and his family.

The word legend is overused in football and should be reserved for figures like Clarky:Worthy:

Hope Paul is back soon and his personal issues get resolved.

Personally I thought Chris Phillips was great when he did it years ago, I'm guessing that he is too busy with all the echo stuff to do it anymore.

And gotta keep Neil Kelly!
His interviews with Col Ewe managers after a run of defeats are classics, you can hear his voice breaking......
Samaritans put on extra staff.

The Kelly quote I recall was when commentating on Col Ewe ten years or so ago stated "Lomano Tresor Lua Lua, surely one of the greatest players in the world today"

Hope Paul is back soon and his personal issues get resolved.

Personally I thought Chris Phillips was great when he did it years ago, I'm guessing that he is too busy with all the echo stuff to do it anymore.
I remember Chris Phillips on air too.He was just as feeble as he is with his Echo reporting.Eg:however badly the team has played,it seems the only way anyone gets less than 6 is when they are sent off,however unjustly.

I remember Chris Phillips on air too.He was just as feeble as he is with his Echo reporting.Eg:however badly the team has played,it seems the only way anyone gets less than 6 is when they are sent off,however unjustly.

You're a bundle of laughs, you, aren't you? :facepalm:

Totally disagree, thought he was articulate and unlike so many didn't just throw around football clichés

I like Chris and like his reports. He walks the fine line of a journalist who must have a positive relationship with the club whilst at the same time has to tell some home truths.

I like Chris and like his reports. He walks the fine line of a journalist who must have a positive relationship with the club whilst at the same time has to tell some home truths.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want published; everything else is public relations." (George Orwell)

He is more than happy to criticise the team and performances.

As to scores they are subjective nonsense anyway and I know he has had grief in the past from players and players wives when he has marked them too low so dont blame him.

Paul Clark co-commentating at Roots Hall next Tuesday against Peterborough. So do I stay at home and listen to Clarky or take my seat at Roots Hall?

Get a seat in the Directors Box and you can do both! :thumbsup:

Back