• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Paul Furlong - Could HE do a job for us?

Blueeyedboy

Youth Team⭐
Just noticed that QPR are releasing Furlong. Getting on a bit, but no doubting his goal scoring record. Read recently he feels he still has a couple of years left and wants regular games. Could do a Goater type job for us.
Also Norwich have released Peter Thorne, more of a traditional centre forward although has scored 164 career goals mainly with Cardiff and Stoke.
Looks a bit injury prone but could still do a job.

Thoughts ladies and gents?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah furlong is the equivalent of a skip

would take thorne and gallen though, would definitely get a few goals

I'm just praying that tilly gives the Paynter a second chance. If we don't i feel we may have missed a trick, theres no harm in doing it.

I'm just praying that tilly gives the Paynter a second chance.

Well hopefully Bradford's relegation will seal his fate there.
I mean I can't see them throwing money at trying to get back out of L2 like the clubs who went down last year did!

I am still not sold on Paynter being bale to do a good job for us, its not like he has been banging them in at Bradford. Ok, he is at a struggling team, so who knows, I am just saying I am really not convinced on him.

Dont think I never liked him though, I thought he got a lot of uncalled for stick when playing. Cardiff at home for example, he was our best player by a mile!!

sorry mate, it was the wrong quote for it

my point was that in the end he has a worse scoring record than bradders

Back