• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
Anybody heard Paul McCartney's new album 'Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard'?

Ron Manager, do you have any thoughts?

I heard about the album being produced by Nigel Godrich (Radiohead's producer) and that piqued my interest.

I'm not a fan of Paul McCartney's stuff as a solo artist (in fact I hate most of it... The Frog song anyone?)... but I approached the artist's official website with caution and listened to 30 second clips of all the tracks.

From the 30 seconds available, the album sounded pretty impressive.

I'm wondering whether I should add a McCartney CD to my collection. Never thought I'd say that before now.

rock.gif

Haven't heard it, I have much the same opinion as you on Paul Mcartney's output since leaving The Beatles.

I'll probably end up buying it for my Dad for Christmas and listening to it then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 25 2005,09:45)]I'll probably end up buying it for my Dad for Christmas and listening to it then.
That's what we generally think of his stuff, eh? But the snippets I heard seem to appeal to 'our generation' more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 25 2005,08:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 25 2005,09:45)]I'll probably end up buying it for my Dad for Christmas and listening to it then.
That's what we generally think of his stuff, eh? But the snippets I heard seem to appeal to 'our generation' more.
To be fair to my old man he has very 'modern' taste in music - he's big into The Kaiser Chiefs right now and he has a wide and varied CD collection from 60's stuff through to Nirvana and beyond.

But he is pretty loyal to old Macca so will appreciate the CD for Christmas (if he doesn't buy it before).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 25 2005,08:45)]I'll probably end up buying it for my Dad for Christmas and listening to it then.
I'll probably buy the album for my Mum for Christmas - and download it onto my Ipod before wrapping it up...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Sep. 25 2005,21:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 25 2005,08:45)]I'll probably end up buying it for my Dad for Christmas and listening to it then.
I'll probably buy the album for my Mum for Christmas - and download it onto my Ipod before wrapping it up...  
wink.gif
Oh - I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing.....

wink.gif

i love macca. im a big fan of the beatles though so obviously his latest album isn't quite there, but it's probably his best work since the beatles. the album is dead good and worth giving a go for anyone with any sort of interest in him. and its a grower too

Back