• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil 24

Coach
People know I'm a big smithy fan. Last week I sent a letter to Paul Smith 'fan mail' i sent it to roots hall and to my delight this morning a pair of his gloves were sent to me. With a message to Neil best wishes signed Paul Smith. Top bloke. Thankyou.

I can't imagine many Premier players doing that (OK they're not all 'keepers but you know what I mean!).

Photo? Would be good to see the delightful shrimper with a pair of Paul's gloves.

People know I'm a big smithy fan. Last week I sent a letter to Paul Smith 'fan mail' i sent it to roots hall and to my delight this morning a pair of his gloves were sent to me. With a message to Neil best wishes signed Paul Smith. Top bloke. Thankyou.

well done to both of you. I would guess that positive letters from fans, especially at a time when you are not being picked are very welcome

Having spoken to Smith a few times now he does seem a very nice bloke, a gentle giant. This is a great touch.

why doesn't he warm up at half time or on sidelines whilst he's on the bench? Bentley always does when he is sub. sends the wrong message I feel.

Totally irrevelant off topic. U very rarely see keepers warm up on touchline until the first choice keeper a doubt on the field

Totally irrevelant off topic. U very rarely see keepers warm up on touchline until the first choice keeper a doubt on the field

Indeed, I have never seen a keeper warming up on the sidelines (did Bentley really do that?), what on earth would be the point?

I sent a similar note of appreciation to Bilel Moshni and received a pair of scissors in the post.

why doesn't he warm up at half time or on sidelines whilst he's on the bench? Bentley always does when he is sub. sends the wrong message I feel.

I have wondered that also. When Bentley was sub keeper he did come out at half time and have a kick /mess about with the other lads. It's team bonding. Smith doesn't do this.

I don't see the point in a keeper warming up during thee game though

He won't be needing them this season :winking:

Back