• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ibwiajwa

Coach
An interesting article by Gerard Degroot in the Telegraph yesterday mentions Paul Sturrock:

" The football manager Paul Sturrock, a good man, deals every day with young men who take their gifts for granted. They sometimes forget that the ability to kick a ball is not enough by itself to succeed. He has constantly to remind players that if they don't work hard, they are traitors to their talent. In order to drive that message home, Sturrock occasionally puts those who forget their good fortune on a roof for a few hours, so that they might understand what life would be like if a living had to be made by fixing slates."

:clap:

Hey Wickford i dont usually comment but i find calling Blair an idiot really does highlight your naive blinkered ideal a tad immature and down right offensive, Keyboard warrior you ain't. A word of advice take it or leave it but Please use a dictionary before choosing to print your words in an open forum...you just never know who reads it.....UTB

So question for you mr essex. Those on here who call moshni an idiotWhat to make of them?? Or is it a different type of idiot!!

So question for you mr essex. Those on here who call moshni an idiotWhat to make of them?? Or is it a different type of idiot!!

Mohsni's actions on the pitch have been a tad foolish and many people have the view that Mohsni needs to cut out this idiotic behaviour.

You, however, are constantly berating Sturrock and Sturrock Jr without any real explanation. You call Blair an idiot, yet I am of the understanding he has quite a high IQ. On the pitch, although the title of 'Striker', (someone who bangs goals in the net all day), is what Blair is supposed to be, we all know that Blair is much better at holding the ball up, linking up play and general play making.

You calling Blair an idiot is clearly irony of the highest order.

As for his dad, he came to a club in turmoil, got a team together at the drop of a hat and kept us in the division and at certain points in the season, we did have a chance of the play offs. He turned Barry Corr into a 20 goal a season striker when the majority of us questioned the sigining of Corr going by his past record.

This season he has made some astute signings, Harris, Dickinson, Leonard the pick of the bunch.

You are obviously a strong Tilly fan, probably aggreived he isn't here any more. I would suggest that if Tilly were to read your posts, he would be utterly shocked at the majority, if not all of them. Although Tilly is no longer here, I still have the utmost respect for him as a person, if not a manager and really don't think he would hold to any of your views.

Mohsni's actions on the pitch have been a tad foolish and many people have the view that Mohsni needs to cut out this idiotic behaviour.

A valid and structured reply well put DWB, but WT just to call someone an idiot because you dislike them is naive ... heres to three points today, a tough game but keep the faith...UTB

You, however, are constantly berating Sturrock and Sturrock Jr without any real explanation. You call Blair an idiot, yet I am of the understanding he has quite a high IQ. On the pitch, although the title of 'Striker', (someone who bangs goals in the net all day), is what Blair is supposed to be, we all know that Blair is much better at holding the ball up, linking up play and general play making.

You calling Blair an idiot is clearly irony of the highest order.

As for his dad, he came to a club in turmoil, got a team together at the drop of a hat and kept us in the division and at certain points in the season, we did have a chance of the play offs. He turned Barry Corr into a 20 goal a season striker when the majority of us questioned the sigining of Corr going by his past record.

This season he has made some astute signings, Harris, Dickinson, Leonard the pick of the bunch.

You are obviously a strong Tilly fan, probably aggreived he isn't here any more. I would suggest that if Tilly were to read your posts, he would be utterly shocked at the majority, if not all of them. Although Tilly is no longer here, I still have the utmost respect for him as a person, if not a manager and really don't think he would hold to any of your views.

Well said. :thumbsup:

An interesting article by Gerard Degroot in the Telegraph yesterday mentions Paul Sturrock:

" The football manager Paul Sturrock, a good man, deals every day with young men who take their gifts for granted. They sometimes forget that the ability to kick a ball is not enough by itself to succeed. He has constantly to remind players that if they don't work hard, they are traitors to their talent. In order to drive that message home, Sturrock occasionally puts those who forget their good fortune on a roof for a few hours, so that they might understand what life would be like if a living had to be made by fixing slates."
:clap:

Ruthlessness is an essential requirement of good management. In fact, I once knew a roofer who advertised thus: "Put your old roof out of its misery, call Roofenasia."

please don't ban him - it would be much less fun without his posts which surely no one takes seriously

I think he has 2 fans. TMWLT and the Captain.
Personally I blame his friends. When he's talking ***** I wish they'd tell him so he would not embarrass himself by posting on SZ.
And a question for him. What does he feel is a successful manager. If you look at PS's track record it makes him IMHO a very good manager, with a success rate that exceeds most. I would say top 20%. Why don't you rate him apart from your sad prejudice that his name is not Steve Tilson.
Oh and by the way I don't think he's fishing. He truly believes the drivel he writes.

wickfordtilly is kindly sponsored by CAPTAIN BIRDSEYE, dog in a manger.com and Mr Angry from the Mr Men.
I'd watch out, wickfordtilly wasn't best pleased when I suggested similarities between him and Birdseye!
Getting back on topic sturrock is a great manager and we're lucky to have him, ok he doesn't play the most attractive football, but he has a track record of promotions and he manages to keep the players grounded, I hope he sticks around a while longer yet

I'd watch out, wickfordtilly wasn't best pleased when I suggested similarities between him and Birdseye!
Getting back on topic sturrock is a great manager and we're lucky to have him, ok he doesn't play the most attractive football, but he has a track record of promotions and he manages to keep the players grounded, I hope he sticks around a while longer yet

Only the ones who don't shirk their responsibilities to their talent.

Only the ones who don't shirk their responsibilities to their talent.
Well he controls most of them at least, sawyer looks much more focused this season, obviously there are exceptions like mohsni and in my opinion grant (who I don't think wants to be here) but on a whole I'd say sturrock can motivate a team to their potential, we played so many games better after half time last season, and I'd put that down to a mix of tactics and motivation

Back