• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USAShrimper

First XI
Now we are not going up, the emotional maelstrom begins. However, take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
First, Paul Sturrock is the key to our success next season and must be given at least one more year to get this right.
With the uncertainty of our financial situation, players leaving, no real youth coming through on a regular basis (because the most promising youngsters leave) We must be realistic about where we are and how to get out of this situation.

Paul Sturrock has brought this club back from the brink, he has always been able to build and move us forward. At very short notice and with "smoke & mirrors" he's got us up at the top and knocking at the door. There are not many managers who could do what he's done in such a short time. Yes, there would be a 100 out of work managers who would jump at this job out of desperation. Would they have the stomach for the task, would they have the experience and contacts to change things at short notice. I think not. We have a certain stability now, a platform on which to build.

I'm as gutted as the next true Blues fan, and am frustrated that we have thrown it away this season. Thank you Paul Sturrock, I like many other fans have confidence that you will finish the job.

Back