• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Scribe

IMHO Sturrocks has pulled off a massive miracle to get us anywhere a play off position. Back in August he had no squad, no money and was having to cancel friendlies. Sure some of the players he has brought in since have proved to be disappointing but others we must be desperate to get sign longer contracts.

But now for weeks now he has been making a strong case for fresh faces; yet none have appeared !

Is this down to Sturrock deciding they were not good enough after all, or was its the club's reputation, or worse Ron Martin's refusal to fund them, that has prevented the club shop from printing a new name on the back of a shirt ?

Assuming the worse and that we are truely skint, will Sturrock, having proved what he can do once again!, be prepared to stay for another season or move onto another club that has funds to match both his ability and ambitions ?

Doubt he will leave TBH. He knew exactly what he was getting himself in for when he came here, which was a squad of about 5 pro players, and a massive debt, so the fact that we are still in debt isn't a surprise, but I'm guessing he would be annoyed at not being allowed to bring anyone in, this may be due to the embargo, which apparently we have the money to pay it off, if you believe everything that comes out of the club.

Why would he walk when he's started to build something here and is starting to get somewhere?

Why would he walk when he's started to build something here and is starting to get somewhere?
Because RON'S promises to him haven't been kept ( he must have been given some guarantees ,players wages etc) Think he has done a great so far ,just keeping fingers crossed he's a sadist!!

Let's hope it's in his contract to take his effing useless son with him.... "ONE STEVIE TILSON"

Let's hope it's in his contract to take his effing useless son with him.... "ONE STEVIE TILSON"
Nothing wrong with his "effing useless son", you just need to understand what he brings to the game to understand his value to the team......which you clearly don't. I would suggest you might consider changing your user name on here to "VIP_anything but BLUE" because you sure as heck aren't acting like a Southend supporter.

He wont walk but i cant see there being any players comimg in ,it is weird that its all gone quiet on these so called 6 players that he was after.
I reckon he s gone to martin right heres my list of players i want on loan and he just gone no your not getting any mate make do with what you have got

Guess it all depends on how player contract renewals go. Can't be many contracts that don't need resigning soon. If he can keep the players he wants to keep, and still has enough for a squad, no reason why he shouldn't stay.

Guess it all depends on how player contract renewals go. Can't be many contracts that don't need resigning soon. If he can keep the players he wants to keep, and still has enough for a squad, no reason why he shouldn't stay.

If he's got any sense then he'll walk tomorrow. Even he could not have thought Ron's mismanagement was this bad, deserves better!

Back