• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No surprise given their position in the league, managers just aren't given time to turn things around these days. Sad because I thought he'd do well there and I wouldn't be surprised if that's his last management job.

No surprise given their position in the league, managers just aren't given time to turn things around these days. Sad because I thought he'd do well there and I wouldn't be surprised if that's his last management job.
think it's down to maybe non league teams now to climb the ladder again:unsure:

I will always be very grateful for how he saved us from Conference Football and possibly even going out of business.

I think it's pretty mean of posters here to call a man who did much for our beloved Club. If you can't say anything kind about a good man then better to say nothing IMHO. So typical of the sad society nowadays. Good luck to PS in the future. COYBB

I think it's pretty mean of posters here to call a man who did much for our beloved Club. If you can't say anything kind about a good man then better to say nothing IMHO. So typical of the sad society nowadays. Good luck to PS in the future. COYBB

Did what exactly? Complete nonsense to say HE saved us from the Conference. What evidence is there that someone else could not have done the same?????

In the opinion of many, PS did a decent job here, IMHO it is you who hold the minority view that he did otherwise.

As you say, that is your opinion. Mine is too and holds equal weight, and if i believe his tenure here was shocking, I should not be held to task for that and derided as someone who should not have an opinion as it isn't the same as your own. He was rightfully dismissed here; and should never have been appointed. So RM got one thing right and one thing wrong.

Did what exactly? Complete nonsense to say HE saved us from the Conference. What evidence is there that someone else could not have done the same?????

I think you'll struggle to find many managers that could have cobbled together a decent squad, remember that due to the transfer embargo the team didn't sign their contracts until a couple of days, maybe hours before the season kicked off. Without Sturrock's connections none of those players (except maybe the ones that had never played league football before) would have signed for a team that couldn't guarantee they'd actually ever have a contract, we'd have been playing the youth team for the first couple of games whilst we rushed in players no other club wanted to sign pre-season.

I think you'll struggle to find many managers that could have cobbled together a decent squad, remember that due to the transfer embargo the team didn't sign their contracts until a couple of days, maybe hours before the season kicked off. Without Sturrock's connections none of those players (except maybe the ones that had never played league football before) would have signed for a team that couldn't guarantee they'd actually ever have a contract, we'd have been playing the youth team for the first couple of games whilst we rushed in players no other club wanted to sign pre-season.

Conjecture only. Not evidence

Don't think so. Only really need one piece of evidence and that is nepotism.

If I remember correctly, we had next to no players when Sturrock turned up. Yes he got his son Blair to play for us. Not the best player I've seen in blue shirt but by no means the worst. This doesn't make the bloke clueless. He signed some very good players including Corr,Timlin and Leonard, he got Britt Assombalonga in on loan amonst others and brought Bentley through to the point where he could be our record transfer - vital for a club like ours. Clueless? No - some with short memories?

I also feel sometimes that it is the posters who are clueless on here, rather than one of our decent and respected ex managers.

Gutted for him, that screws up the theory of welcoming him back here in the JPT then - he's fated in that competition isn't he?

Back