• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperforlife

Director
How honest was PS's interview on the Radio tonight ??!!

I felt that is was a true reflection on on the evening....

Too many players not doing their jobs,

Too many back passes

He has made mistakes, but the players must also look at themselves as well

He sounded very cheesed off, and said he would make changes for Monday

What a breath of fresh air!! Honesty!!:thumbsup:

the bit I dont get though is if they are not doing as he says, get them off the pitch earlier. As far as I am concerned if someone is crap for 30 mins , 7 out of 10 times they are crap for the rest of the match, play the percentages - get them off

really upset from tonight

Could not agree more. Handled it very well and was honest. Interesting about a blank sheet for monday though; and that he is sick of players not doing what they are told. Sounds more like a school than a football team.

To be honest I would have Benyon and Moshni up front. i can't help, but think that moshni causes problems in the opposition's half as much as he causes problems in his own half.

Personally sick of PS's interviews.

Every single player bar Granty was signed by him so i don't buy the entire side not listening. Secondly I think half the problem has been PS's tactics. Vs Swindon we panicked about Ritchie and moved Timlin out of position to cover him. At the same time Baldwin was losing every header to Benson we had Moshni on the bench. As soon as Martin came on we scored as previous to that we had no width. At the Q&A Sturrock said Kane gets bossed to easily - so he puts him in the middle in a crucial game fir him to get bossed about.

Tonight why the hell are we playing three defensive midfielders with little or no attacking instinct. Benyon as an left attacking player and Hally on the right? What is wrong with 4-4-2 with two wingers at home. For my mind you only play 3 holding players if your away and expecting to be over run. Rotherham had lost there last three away from home and were there for the taking tonight.

Bradley there right back was absolute **** and Martin once he came on ripped him to shresds and put some balls into the box. Dicko got slatted by most people tonight and whilst I think his touch leaves a lot to be desired he had almost no support.

Think PS messed up in the window too. We are crying out for a left back. Gilbert is shocking and ha now been this way for two seasons. Instead of getting a left back we get Benyon and Sampson to add to Dicko and Harris (plus Blair if course). Were so top heavy with strikers who can't strike and yet we keep playing Gilbert who literally gibes the ball away everybtime he touches it.

For me we are in real danger of missing the play offs. We have only beaten one top side all season, we have lost away to every rival we have. Form has deserted us badly and I fear for us this season.

Problem is the more changes Luggy makes the more it'll confuse the players further. No continuity.

Spot on Dave. Luggys tactics were hopeless tonight. As CP said why the hell have grant and jpk on the pitch when ur 1-0 down.

There will be changes I'm sure but u can bet ur bottom dollar dicko gilbert and barker will play.

I'd actually like to know exactly what the players are not listening to how do we know he is right by saying that.
We presume he is right ,but i would be much happier if he came out and said i wanted us to play with this tactic
or i asked my players to play long ,short or whatever then we would know whether it was him or the players who were wrong
All i hear him say is this or that player doesn't listen an i'm not sure about that anymore

Who would you have in his place then?

Timlin is a nailed on starter. Personally Granty for me is the next choice. Not been great this season but he has shown over the years he is a class act. Kane then for me with Kalala a distant fourth.

JP offers nothing going forward and s the holding player in a defence that has shipped 10 goal in 4 games. If you watched there 6 or 8 tonight the bald guy he was crap in the deck but his presence and desire saw him win so many balls. JP again did nothing today.

Think PS messed up in the window too. We are crying out for a left back. Gilbert is shocking and has now been this way for two seasons. Instead of getting a left back we get Benyon and Sampson to add to Dicko and Harris (plus Blair of course). We are so top heavy with strikers who can't strike and yet we keep playing Gilbert who literally gives the ball away everytime he touches it.

Well said Dave the Shrimper:

Every one is saying drop this guy drop that one. The One guy we can't drop is Paul Sturrock. He may have been honest about the performance but did he have much choice as we are not blind.

Back