• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pay your respects here to the KING OF THE SOUTH

The geezer has stumped up in excess of half a million squids. Again!!! I think a few of the doomsayers, and those that want to slaughter him online, should actually be grateful he is still bothering to keep a club going when all he gets is grief. It won't stop his plans if the club folds. In fact his plans would be easier because he could divert the money he pumps into the club into his FF project. Some people need to put aside their bias and recognise he is doing his best. Clearly a best that will never be enough for many but I hope those, calling for change, do not live to regret that wish. Monkeys Paw and all that.

The geezer has stumped up in excess of half a million squids. Again!!! I think a few of the doomsayers, and those that want to slaughter him online, should actually be grateful he is still bothering to keep a club going when all he gets is grief. It won't stop his plans if the club folds. In fact his plans would be easier because he could divert the money he pumps into the club into his FF project. Some people need to put aside their bias and recognise he is doing his best. Clearly a best that will never be enough for many but I hope those, calling for change, do not live to regret that wish. Monkeys Paw and all that.

In fairness the only grief he's received from a lot of people (me included) is because he gave a very strong hint that the money wouldn't be paid in full.

Yeah you’re right in most of what you say there, but let’s not pretend that it isn’t his fault that we’re so woefully run.

The most frustrating thing about this whole debacle is the fact that it’s not the first time we’ve been in this situation.

Ron simply didn’t learn from the mistakes he made a decade ago.

Did someone say that was our 17th appearance before the equivalent of the beak. It wont surprise me if we notch up 20 as its a game Ron doesnt seem able to resist, ever since his first , miffed run in

The geezer has stumped up in excess of half a million squids. Again!!!
All football clubs our size have to pay similar tax bills, I don't see the chairmen of those clubs getting showered with praise for doing what is legally expected of them. Why should I be cheering Ron for paying the exact same thing all the other chairmen paid just because he did it months later than everyone else? I do think Ron has the club's best interests at heart but he's been playing a very dangerous game and I hope he'll stop playing chicken with HMRC now that this has been paid rather than deciding this gives us licence to overspend until the next tax bill comes in.

He's the ice cream freezer, with me. And one that chugs along and somehow keeps going.

Back