• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pay your respects here to the KING OF THE SOUTH

This was money owed to HMRC, presumably VAT and PAYE on salaries.

VAT would already have been collected by the club and the PAYE contributions should have been ringfenced.
Not sure its VAT more PAYE, believe HMRC chase VAT a lot more forcefully, it’s only my belief but is probably wrong

If that's a king I wonder what all business owners who pay bills on time and have a successful product and happy customers.....Gods?

I am over the moon that the club I love and cherish is still in being. I appreciate the underwriting of funds that Ron takes care of but I have one Major Gripe. Times are hard and yes we have over invested in has been's to try to gain promotion and he always has backed his managers rightly or wrongly. Its the false promises on players etc I cannot stand. If we had to clear the higher paid players out (as he has alluded to) then fine.) If we cannot afford more than we currently have then Just Admit It. If I am told the club cannot support anything more than we have present I will accept it as life at the moment is not what used to be considered 'Normal'. I was so angry last night after the defeat my missus went to bed early telling me to 'Grow Up' and 'It Could Be Worse'. (Last time she said that was in a Cup match at Selhurst Park where we lost in the last minute) That was her first and last time she came to see the Blues. Now my moods come and go and recently apathy has set in where I have resigned myself to losing anyway.
Today my mood has lifted with the HMRC being paid and I can look forward to a long season of abject mediocrity.

I am over the moon that the club I love and cherish is still in being. I appreciate the underwriting of funds that Ron takes care of but I have one Major Gripe. Times are hard and yes we have over invested in has been's to try to gain promotion and he always has backed his managers rightly or wrongly. Its the false promises on players etc I cannot stand. If we had to clear the higher paid players out (as he has alluded to) then fine.) If we cannot afford more than we currently have then Just Admit It. If I am told the club cannot support anything more than we have present I will accept it as life at the moment is not what used to be considered 'Normal'. I was so angry last night after the defeat my missus went to bed early telling me to 'Grow Up' and 'It Could Be Worse'. (Last time she said that was in a Cup match at Selhurst Park where we lost in the last minute) That was her first and last time she came to see the Blues. Now my moods come and go and recently apathy has set in where I have resigned myself to losing anyway.
Today my mood has lifted with the HMRC being paid and I can look forward to a long season of abject mediocrity.
i have smashed the house up many times after watching the blues and been told to grow up by the wife so you`re not alone [lol]

Abject mediocrity? I'd absolutely kill for that.

Not sure its VAT more PAYE, believe HMRC chase VAT a lot more forcefully, it’s only my belief but is probably wrong

The costs of the case were awarded against H
This was money owed to HMRC, presumably VAT and PAYE on salaries.

VAT would already have been collected by the club and the PAYE contributions should have been ringfenced.

Costs were awarded against SUFC. Legal costs are usually substantial so the next bill has now started to accumulate!

Make no mistakes here - he is not our “knight in shining armour who has rode in and saved the day”
Whilst I have every sympathy given the current worldwide situation (COVID) and the lack of income into the club there is only one person to blame in all of this.

My old nan used to say to me there are two things in life you cannot avoid - one of them is dying and the other is paying your taxes.
I have to pay my tax and Lordy help me if I don’t. In fact I had a letter from them last week demanding I pay them a shortfall of £65.05 from last year so, if he had intentions of paying why leave it till now.

Nope sorry no respects for King of the South coming from me

He's actually trolling us.

We could have all been put out of our misery today. With no club to watch lose every week, I could finally start enjoying my Saturday afternoons/Tuesday evenings!

Instead he keeps us in business and we have to continue to suffer through.

I missed a quarterly vat payment by 1 week a couple of years ago due to looking after my mum while she died. They tried to fine me £100!
They fought my reasons before cancelling the fine. You'd think I'd swindled them of £100k the way they acted for months.
So yes...vat is pursued more forcefully.
Bastardos!

if it was a company to company loan RM made to raise the funds from within his own assert empire..... I wonder if he will take himself to court when he tries to dodge repaying himself! Seems to love the place!!!

My old nan used to say to me there are two things in life you cannot avoid - one of them is dying and the other is paying your taxes.
I have to pay my tax and Lordy help me if I don’t.

Tax is one of the inescapable facts of life...
Unless you’re Jeff Bezos, or Starbucks or Google..

Back