• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paynt-er a better picture..

J

The Chameleon
A few positives about Big bill,
he made a bit of space... first touch wasn't too bad, i have seen worse..

great looping header, which if it went in.. would have changed the game..

he wore his' heart on his sleeve.. and went in for a lot of things..

so all in all, let's give him a rest.. and see how well we perform without him.. then make our minds up? yeah?

Disgraceful that he was jeered off the field. I really wonder about our supporters sometimes.
mad.gif

Ive never jeered any southend player when he has been subbed. Personally i thought clarke was by far our worst player on the pitch today. Bring back the mighty sodje

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Sep. 24 2006,17:43)]Ive never jeered any southend player when he has been subbed. Personally i thought clarke was by far our worst player on the pitch today. Bring back the mighty sodje
totally agree.. much prefer sodje on instead of a waste of another 200,000 odd grand..

Jeez.....the Blues have a bad day and lose to a better team - play, pretty much to a man, poorly and there are four seperate threads all dedicated to one player........three of which are started by one person.

The whole team played badly (except Hunt), not just Paynter...anyone would think he'd scored three own goals, taken Flavs head off with bit of dodgy defending and stolen the crown fekkin jewels for God's sake.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 24 2006,17:57)]Jeez.....the Blues have a bad day and lose to a better team - play, pretty much to a man, poorly and there are four seperate threads all dedicated to one player........three of which are started by one person.

The whole team played badly (except Hunt), not just Paynter...anyone would think he'd scored three own goals, taken Flavs head off with bit of dodgy defending and stolen the crown fekkin jewels for God's sake.
yes this is positive post?
suspect.gif

With all the debate about Paynter, I thought I would email a Hull fan I know for an opinion on Mr Big Nose (have you not noticed??!) This is what he wrote:

Billy Paynter for me is a funny sort of player. One week he can look slightly threatening and then he can look like some god awful sunday league player at best. When he played for us he usually had a good work rate but other areas of his game were sadly lacking.
I know there was mixed opinions up here when we sold him but most of our fans were quite pleased to see him leave even though we lost money on him.
My honest opinion is that the championship is much too high a level for a player of his ability. If you hang onto him and you go down (i hope you don't) he may do ok for you, but even then i can never see him being a serious goalscorer.

Oh F**k!! This Hull fan isn't prone to BS, as he feels they will be fighting relegation!

Whatever our opinions of Paynter, we should give him all the backing we can. Its Tilly's fault if he keeps picking an out of form player!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Big Shrimp @ Sep. 26 2006,19:25)]With all the debate about Paynter, I thought I would email a Hull fan I know for an opinion on Mr Big Nose (have you not noticed??!) This is what he wrote:

Billy Paynter for me is a funny sort of player. One week he can look slightly threatening and then he can look like some god awful sunday league player at best. When he played for us he usually had a good work rate but other areas of his game were sadly lacking.
I know there was mixed opinions up here when we sold him but most of our fans were quite pleased to see him leave even though we lost money on him.
My honest opinion is that the championship is much too high a level for a player of his ability. If you hang onto him and you go down (i hope you don't) he may do ok for you, but even then i can never see him being a serious goalscorer.

Oh F**k!! This Hull fan isn't prone to BS, as he feels they will be fighting relegation!

Whatever our opinions of Paynter, we should give him all the backing we can. Its Tilly's fault if he keeps picking an out of form player!!
So nothing we didn't already know then, but does confirm some suspicions

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ Sep. 26 2006,20:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Big Shrimp @ Sep. 26 2006,19:25)]With all the debate about Paynter, I thought I would email a Hull fan I know for an opinion on Mr Big Nose (have you not noticed??!) This is what he wrote:

So nothing we didn't already know then, but does confirm some suspicions
I know, but we now know this isn't an isolated incident!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 24 2006,17:31)]A few positives about Big bill,
he made a bit of space... first touch wasn't too bad, i have seen worse..

great looping header, which if it went in.. would have changed the game..

he wore his' heart on his sleeve.. and went in for a lot of things..

so all in all, let's give him a rest.. and see how well we perform without him.. then make our minds up? yeah?
Well done CS J, a pleasure to read
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,17:34)]Disgraceful that he was jeered off the field. I really wonder about our supporters sometimes.
mad.gif
agreed. disgraceful, i felt ashamed (even though I wasn't doing it!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Whatever our opinions of Paynter, we should give him all the backing we can. Its Tilly's fault if he keeps picking an out of form player!!

Its don't help Paynter that Hooper, Rickett & Harrold is waiting in the wings to take his place & the 3 forward who have'nt make an start yet while an out of form striker is starting. Its time to give Paynter an break by leaving him on the bench or send him back to Port Vale on loan?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Sep. 27 2006,13:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Whatever our opinions of Paynter, we should give him all the backing we can. Its Tilly's fault if he keeps picking an out of form player!!

Its don't help Paynter that Hooper, Rickett & Harrold is waiting in the wings to take his place & the 3 forward who have'nt make an start yet while an out of form striker is starting. Its time to give Paynter an break by leaving him on the bench or send him back to Port Vale on loan?
He's just learning how to play with his teamates, and he's also learning that freddy hogs the ball so has to shout at him to get it.

Back