• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rob49

First XI
As expected PB has been charged with misconduct by FA....

ZxAN-INv_normal.jpg
BBC Essex Sport (@BBCEssexSport)
12/05/2016, 16:05
BREAKING: The Southend manager Phil Brown has been charged by the FA with misconduct during the Bury game on Sunday pic.twitter.com/m3HBrM7yJC

Sent from my iPhone

The Fa must be on a mission today, The same punishment has been handed out to Neil Harris against in his game against Gillingham also.

Brown hit with misconduct charge by the FA

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has been hit with a misconduct charge by the Football Association.

More...

Really not surprised - pretty silly the way he responded to reporters imho.

You can't expect the FA not to support their appointed officials no matter how bad we all may think they are.

I wonder if the club pays the likely fine or if it is down to PB personally?

What's the world coming to when you can't call a lino a cheating f*ckwit and ask for him to be deported!

This country! :stunned:

And so ends the season with Phil Brown in trouble with the FA for criticising a refereeing decision. The fine will get paid and we will enter the close season duly sated with Phil Brown stuff. It's exciting isn't it?:nope:

Disgraceful behaviour...fancy showing passion for your team when you think you have been hard done by :omg:

You are clearly one of those who believe it is acceptable to abuse football match officials. He went way over the top after a decision which a number of respected people have said wasn't even wrong.

You can show passion without resorting to boorish and abusive behaviour.

To accuse the fa of backing his previous outbursts by not having charged him before, thus meaning he was right to call the last Lino a cheat was less bright than the lights on his sunbed

I wont bother to say anything because its obvious to me that most who have posted on this thread and on the thread concerning pb talking to players individually about there future with or not with SUFC are PB haters , so i think its useless to say anything.:stunned:

You are clearly one of those who believe it is acceptable to abuse football match officials. He went way over the top after a decision which a number of respected people have said wasn't even wrong.

You can show passion without resorting to boorish and abusive behaviour.

I do not condone the extent of his behaviour, I do think he went too far this time. But I do think that in these days where so much rests on some games, that Managers can approach officials for a reasoned debate, and officials cannot be locked away from them post match.

You know what would help football.

Referees being allowed to be interviewed after games to give their account of things.

I remember, once, Paul Durkin was interviewed in this way after a game at Old Trafford and his explaining of what he saw and why he gave a decision was both refreshing and calmed both irate managers down.

Hiding them in some medieval cloak and dagger routine after every match does nothing for their situation and understanding of them as people, as well as the refereeing decisions they give.

He practically goaded the FA into this, said something along the lines of he'd got away with it before so he's not going to get punished etc.

Back