• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He practically goaded the FA into this, said something along the lines of he'd got away with it before so he's not going to get punished etc.

He was so "over the top" with his ridiculous comments and others he's made lately, he almost acts like he's trying to get sacked.

He was so "over the top" with his ridiculous comments and others he's made lately, he almost acts like he's trying to get sacked.
Spot on, Sack me Bolton are waiting, you have been honest.... Some on here are not, they act like if Brown was getting punched in the face, they would jump in way and take it on the boat for him...

Disgusting behaviour from Brown. How will Dave Cameron feel about his. Think if the children

...perhaps if he asked the players not to sit back and to play in the oppositions half, they wouldn't get into our area and claim for penalties..:unsure:

...perhaps if he asked the players not to sit back and to play in the oppositions half, they wouldn't get into our area and claim for penalties..:unsure:

you know about this sitting back thing too? Thought it was just me again.... Sitting near your own goal, inviting closer... Push up, push up.... I scream every game, the looks I get.

I wont bother to say anything because its obvious to me that most who have posted on this thread and on the thread concerning pb talking to players individually about there future with or not with SUFC are PB haters , so i think its useless to say anything.:stunned:

But you said something anyway. If you don't see the point in saying anything then don't say anything, rather than type a 3 line post to say you aren't going to say anything

you know about this sitting back thing too? Thought it was just me again.... Sitting near your own goal, inviting closer... Push up, push up.... I scream every game, the looks I get.

"the looks I get"...You shouldn't be getting any "looks", because you obviously have a good understanding of the beautiful game :winking:

Such a great shame PB wasn't summarising on the Barnsley vs Walsall game. The FL would have been hiding behind the sofa.

They managed for the special occasion to find a linesman who gave offside to a Walsall 'goalscorer' who was clearly onside by at least 3 yards. And then at half time when a spare official was needed their replacement, when eventually found outside the ground, had no boots..

Situation probably rescued by Barnsley currently winning 3-0

By the way a money making idea for the Zone- surely we could borrow the design below and adapt it??

You know what would help football.

Referees being allowed to be interviewed after games to give their account of things.

I remember, once, Paul Durkin was interviewed in this way after a game at Old Trafford and his explaining of what he saw and why he gave a decision was both refreshing and calmed both irate managers down.

Hiding them in some medieval cloak and dagger routine after every match does nothing for their situation and understanding of them as people, as well as the refereeing decisions they give.

I referee local league footy and I quite often discuss decisions after the game with the managers. I find they have more respect for you when you explain why you gave it a certain way. Some managers aren't actually aware of the Laws of the Game in certain situations, so it's a nice way of educating them (without patronising them). In pro football I often hear managers / supporters / pundits slagging of referees, even though the ref was technically correct. But you don't hear the ref's side of the story. I can only assume they don't in case it could inflame the situation further. Especially if they do make a mistake.

I referee local league footy and I quite often discuss decisions after the game with the managers. I find they have more respect for you when you explain why you gave it a certain way. Some managers aren't actually aware of the Laws of the Game in certain situations, so it's a nice way of educating them (without patronising them). In pro football I often hear managers / supporters / pundits slagging of referees, even though the ref was technically correct. But you don't hear the ref's side of the story. I can only assume they don't in case it could inflame the situation further. Especially if they do make a mistake.

Agree- its also quite inflammatory when the referee and assistants lock themselves in the dressing room for 30 mins with stewards stationed outside the door refusing to talk to the manager- a cynic for example up at Bury might assume that they were trying to get their story straight..

Back