• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Heaven

Youth Team
  • ITV REPORT
  • 28 September 2016 at 5:17pm

Phil Brown: Sam Allardyce exit like a bereavement

Play video

Sam Allardyce's former assistant Phil Brown says the end of his brief reign as England boss is like a bereavement.
Brown, who worked under Allardyce for many years at Bolton, told ITV News his former boss could have been a success with the national team.
I was absolutely shocked and surprised, but when the dust settles, it's almost like a bereavement as I really thought he was the man to take England forward.
His style would rustle a certain amount of feathers in the hierarchy.
– PHIL BROWN

stream_img.jpg

Brown knows Allardyce very well. Credit: PABrown thinks the tactics used by the undercover journalists with Allardyce were "underhand".
"I think it was underhand, the way it was done. I honestly think there should be a law against that, if truth be known.
"But he [Allardyce] knows he's let himself down."

Last updated Wed 28 Sep 2016

Allardyce: Entrapment has cost me England job

MORE ON THIS STORY

In a parallel universe PB would have taken the assistant manager job at Sunderland, then been appointed England assistant when Big Sam transitioned to the nation team, and since the events of yesterday PB would now be England (interim) manager...

So glad he stayed :dim:

it is entrapment, but then he's done things that have enabled him to be entrapped.
brown I'm sure would be of a similar mindset.

The Barnsley assistant just got suspended for being involved in a similar situation. I wonder if any league one managers will get caught out.

To be talking to the media about it, Brown must be clean. I guess that's good?!!

If Brown had left us and got the England number two position, he would now be, or very soon be, out of a job. A new manager coming in would want a new number two. Old Brown would be standing there jobless! It's a funny old game.

Strong defence of fat Sam. A few other people in trouble over this shizzerstorm so knowing his close ties with Sammy I wonder if Phil could be in trouble? I doubt we are big time enough to be touching these agents!

Football is so awash with money, especially at the top, i'd be amazed if most managers didn't have their nose in the trough.

In a parallel universe PB would have taken the assistant manager job at Sunderland, then been appointed England assistant when Big Sam transitioned to the nation team, and since the events of yesterday PB would now be England (interim) manager...

So glad he stayed :dim:

Steven Hawkins says that Parallel universes in his opinion are 100% certain. In this scenario anything that is physically possible has happened. Therefor in one of these universes southend united are the equivalent of Barcelona in our universe. Admittedly there will also be one universe where we went bust and the ground was turned into a nuclear bunker. You see, in the parallel universe theory everything imaginable (within the bounds of physics) has happened. You may think this theory silly until you remember Steven Hawkins said there were black holes in space years before any one ever discovered one. So I tend to believe him.

The Barnsley assistant just got suspended for being involved in a similar situation. I wonder if any league one managers will get caught out.

To be talking to the media about it, Brown must be clean. I guess that's good?!!

he was taking backhanders to get crap players to have a contract at Barnsley..... mmmmm

Steven Hawkins says that Parallel universes in his opinion are 100% certain. In this scenario anything that is physically possible has happened. Therefor in one of these universes southend united are the equivalent of Barcelona in our universe. Admittedly there will also be one universe where we went bust and the ground was turned into a nuclear bunker. You see, in the parallel universe theory everything imaginable (within the bounds of physics) has happened. You may think this theory silly until you remember Steven Hawkins said there were black holes in space years before any one ever discovered one. So I tend to believe him.

He also recently said that we should stop looking for alien life as they might think we're like bacteria and destroy us. #cantalkbollox

He also recently said that we should stop looking for alien life as they might think we're like bacteria and destroy us. #cantalkbollox

There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe!

Every star has at least 1 planet most have a lot more. This is only the observable universe and we don't know where it ends. So we could be millions of years behind other planets in our develpoment. Hence Hawkins bacteria comment. #probabilities

There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe!

Every star has at least 1 planet most have a lot more. This is only the observable universe and we don't know where it ends. So we could be millions of years behind other planets in our develpoment. Hence Hawkins bacteria comment. #probabilities

Ha, let's not digress this thread too much! I understand there's an infinite amount of worlds out there, and probably million billion worlds with life (or none), but the gap where cognescent life exists is absolutely tiny. The light from the sun that these worlds orbit can take billions of years to get here, and the speed of light cannot be exceeded (regardless of what sci-fi will tell you).

Prof Brian Cox......http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ys-alien-life-impossible-humanity-unique.html

So what has Allardyce actually done that means he should be sacked. I personally don't care who the England manager is, I won't be watching any of the qualifiers or a WC that will be held in Russia or Qatar.

How can the FA point the finger at Allardyce when they are happy to comply with THIEFA. Even with most fans its not the rules we are worried about its the money involved that has annoyed everyone. If Sam was on £30,000 a year and that deal for speaking was £4,000, then no one would be complaining.

Not counting the ball from Nicky Bailey's penalty for Charlton of course, which is still out there somewhere

So what has Allardyce actually done that means he should be sacked. I personally don't care who the England manager is, I won't be watching any of the qualifiers or a WC that will be held in Russia or Qatar.

How can the FA point the finger at Allardyce when they are happy to comply with THIEFA. Even with most fans its not the rules we are worried about its the money involved that has annoyed everyone. If Sam was on £30,000 a year and that deal for speaking was £4,000, then no one would be complaining.

Try to think of gross misconduct in the fire service and that's a comparison.

Other than undermine his employers on the front page of a national newspaper?

Back