• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PB Plans talks with Timlin

Out goes one criminal and in comes another....

But that's where the comparison with Ranger ends. Certainly when Timlin returned from jail he was far fitter, far more motivated than that waste of space Ranger.

I presume this would be to replace Fagan as u23 manager, assuming Fagan steps up permanently to replace Tom Prodomo (will Timlin's conviction create any issues working with underage players? One for our potentially new CEO with the legal background).

ps Was it Harry Phillips that Timlin was a big fan of?

maybe nothing has been announced yet as contracts have to be drawn up by the club .And i guess that may take i while .Lets just hope the story is true it will give the fans and the club a huge lift .

I love him for what he did for us back then, but this is all getting a bit blue passports now, isn't it. It's going on three years since he left us and he hasn't exactly been a stable National League South let alone National League standard player.
It’s a backroom role that’s lined up, not a playing one.

Wow, love this. Feels like we’re slowly getting our club back ?

Would be incredible having Tims back as part of the back room team. Another one who should’ve never been allowed to walk away so easily like he did.

But that's where the comparison with Ranger ends. Certainly when Timlin returned from jail he was far fitter, far more motivated than that waste of space Ranger.

I presume this would be to replace Fagan as u23 manager, assuming Fagan steps up permanently to replace Tom Prodomo (will Timlin's conviction create any issues working with underage players? One for our potentially new CEO with the legal background).

He wasn't done for any sex offences or robbing old ladies. He lied about speeding tickets. By getting caught, doing his time and becoming a better player I would say that makes him a plus to work with any group of young men who are rarely from the privileged side of town.

Yes, Phillips and Dru Yearwood:
“I was the only first team player who knew everyone in the youth team and I had a real connection with them. No-one asked me to do it but I would like to think my time at Southend has been good with the youngsters and I hope to see more coming through. Dru (Yearwood) has been fantastic and he was one of the youngsters I got to know. He’s had a remarkable progression but there are so many good young players there. I’m hoping Harry Phillips will be next to come through.”

I think some of you are getting confused, Timlin isn't likely to be signed as a player, but on the coaching staff. He lives round the corner to me and said he siad he's doing his coaching badges and going into coaching.

He still lives in the town then?

Back