• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PB Plans talks with Timlin

This, this and a thousand times this. The kind of player and character that we've desperately missed ever since Powell let him go, so having him around the place again would feel like a boost. Let's hope he's a decent coach too!

He wasn't done for any sex offences or robbing old ladies. He lied about speeding tickets. By getting caught, doing his time and becoming a better player I would say that makes him a plus to work with any group of young men who are rarely from the privileged side of town.

All he did was try and fit Moshni up and did his time for it.

I hope he comes back as backroom staff, but not as a player. Some Stevenage fans were saying his legs were going back in 2019. I know he's working towards his EUFA license coaching badge.
Good character, and wants to be a winner.

Last edited:
I personally don't want anyone near the club who has a bad past of violence or abuse.

I can forgive Timlin, it was neither of the above, he made a huge mistake and I'm sure he knows that.

He was at the game on Saturday, saw him chatting with PB after the game, so could the managerial role have already been decided before today?

He was at the game on Saturday, saw him chatting with PB after the game, so could the managerial role have already been decided before today?

Timlin and Fagan backroom staff, not a bad shout. I'd like to think Fagan has shown enough to be involved with the first team.

Will this put Fagan's nose out of joint. He clearly wants to progress to first team management

Will this put Fagan's nose out of joint. He clearly wants to progress to first team management
I doubt it will be as his Assistant or First Team Coach (could be latter if RD goes back to previous role- PB supported by Fagan & Timlin). Suspect it will be working with the first team and academy as an additional coach and maybe we will take his playing registration. As far as I know he hasn't formally hang up his boots yet. Has been playing for Dulwich Hamlet.

Fagan could still be assistant Manager. A lot depends on what Ricky Duncan wants to do, or if Phil wants to bring his own people in. Ricky Duncan could go back to doing what he's best at, of which he is the best we have ever had, and ever likely to have. Loyal as well, could easily have gone to a much bigger club for a lot more money.

Into the coaching role, good move for me.

Wonder if this is why Stan asked "signings with baggage" ?

Wouldn't necessarily apply to on the pitch. hmm.

For the record my answer to that was a fence sitting 5.

Ricky Otto being my positive example, Ranger being my negative.

There's a few meetings with current and ex players scheduled this week. Don't think the full picture of candidates for playing or back room or both is really evident yet.

Nothing but respect for Tim’s never gave less than 120% for us as a player, If he can work that magic with the team it’s a no brainier for me........

Our record of players returning to us and performing at their previous level is very poor. I’m all for Timlin returning but on the coaching side please not as a player... let’s remember all his good times...

Tims always said he wanted to come back. I don't think you can lose both Ricky and Craig from the Academy side of things so I would expect Ricky will go back and Craig and Tims will do a lot of the coaching. Phil was never particularly one for bringing a team of his own in. He came in with Graham Coughlan here and worked with him pretty much throughout his time, didn't he?

Back