• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PB Plans talks with Timlin

Exactly the kind of character with passion and fight we have been sadly lacking in the last 3 years.

Timlin is 36. Do people take think he is going to be the player he was before?
I would think he is thinking as a coach as I think Timlin has been semis retired for 12 months or so, in that he is registered but is only playing if too many injuries, he has been working mainly as I understand with Dulwich Hamlets younger players

One of the mistakes Powell made was letting Timlin go in the first place IMO. I fully support this move. A lot of people always said they could see Timlin as a coach or manager one day
Could not agree more we never replaced the likes of quite a few of the first team.

I would think he is thinking as a coach as I think Timlin has been semis retired for 12 months or so, in that he is registered but is only playing if too many injuries, he has been working mainly as I understand with Dulwich Hamlets younger players

Ah fair enough

Can someone tell me are we able to attend home games come august 21st

Tims always said he wanted to come back. I don't think you can lose both Ricky and Craig from the Academy side of things so I would expect Ricky will go back and Craig and Tims will do a lot of the coaching. Phil was never particularly one for bringing a team of his own in. He came in with Graham Coughlan here and worked with him pretty much throughout his time, didn't he?

IIRC he bought in Dave Penney as assistant manager at the beginning.

For my money Penney's departure is when the fitness began to drop.

He also had Brian Horton doing whatever it is Brian Horton did and Chief Scout Bob Shaw.

IIRC he bought in Dave Penney as assistant manager at the beginning.

For my money Penney's departure is when the fitness began to drop.

He also had Brian Horton doing whatever it is Brian Horton did and Chief Scout Bob Shaw.
I really liked Dave Penney. A good move by Brown to get him on board when you look back. He had a half decent managerial career himself until his last few gigs. They seemed to work well together from the outside looking in.

Absolutely no idea what Brain Horton did in all honesty but again PB used to praise him highly. Would this be a role covered by Stan, CEO plus the new role that Ron wants?

Anton Robinson is still here so I'm guessing that the club have been impressed by his recruitment work. Under the circumstances this season, some of the signings have actually been okay.

Who was the fitness guy Brown had when he was here? Can't remember when he left but I'd imagine that had a bigger impact on the fitness than Penney leaving

I really liked Dave Penney. A good move by Brown to get him on board when you look back. He had a half decent managerial career himself until his last few gigs. They seemed to work well together from the outside looking in.

Absolutely no idea what Brain Horton did in all honesty but again PB used to praise him highly. Would this be a role covered by Stan, CEO plus the new role that Ron wants?

Anton Robinson is still here so I'm guessing that the club have been impressed by his recruitment work. Under the circumstances this season, some of the signings have actually been okay.

Who was the fitness guy Brown had when he was here? Can't remember when he left but I'd imagine that had a bigger impact on the fitness than Penney leaving

Mark Williams that was it. We had Jamie Douglas as well at some stage. Come to think of it, it was probably the signings in the 2017/18 season that led to a drop off in fitness. I can't actually remember PBs teams being unfit generally speaking, in fact quite the opposite. We did have a tendency to just roll over ever now and then though

Mark Williams that was it. We had Jamie Douglas as well at some stage. Come to think of it, it was probably the signings in the 2017/18 season that led to a drop off in fitness. I can't actually remember PBs teams being unfit generally speaking, in fact quite the opposite. We did have a tendency to just roll over ever now and then though

No chance of getting Douglas back alas

Yeah, I'm not sure Penney had much to do with fitness. Mark Williams was Head of S&C during Brown's time, and Luke Hart was his assistant. It was when Mark left that fitness went down the ****ter IMO, he was fantastic. Very well-rounded, came from a rugby background and had hamds-on experience of S&C for both sports in addition to his academic background. Since leaving us he's become even more well-rounded as Head of S&C in another sport, for GB Basketball and Basketball England. He's now studying for a PhD alongside lecturing at University of Essex and doing freelance S&C work. We could do a lot worse than getting him back involved.

Back