• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Heaven

Youth Team
After PB was sent off near the end yet again so soon after coming back from a 4 game ban will he suffer a similar fate???

Phil maybe feeling the pressure, complaining their Manager said more to the ref, that they got towels to dry the ball on throw ins and we didnt, ( Can we buy a towel? ) that all the decisions went their way in the second half, including a penalty shout, ( despite Barratts blatant one on their forward ) and refs are targetting him personally ( intimating something to do with his high profile , mega star ,media presence ) Sounds a little paranoid, but hey I wasnt there and it must be tough to stand their through 88 minutes of defending. Still great result, shame Phil might get yet more attention for getting himself sent off again. Ron might not like it? But good result and well done him and the boys

Phil maybe feeling the pressure, complaining their Manager said more to the ref, that they got towels to dry the ball on throw ins and we didnt, ( Can we buy a towel? ) that all the decisions went their way in the second half, including a penalty shout, ( despite Barratts blatant one on their forward ) and refs are targetting him personally ( intimating something to do with his high profile , mega star ,media presence ) Sounds a little paranoid, but hey I wasnt there and it must be tough to stand their through 88 minutes of defending. Still great result, shame Phil might get yet more attention for getting himself sent off again. Ron might not like it? But good result and well done him and the boys

How do you know it was blatant if you weren't there ?

What was blatant was Lenny being scythed down late on as he broke past their mid field. Its known as taking one for the team. Not only did the ref not card their player he waved play on just as the tension was at its highest.

I have criticised PB for getting in the officials ear in the past but everyone would have reacted to that decision. Up until that point he had been well behaved. I don't tend to blame refs but credit to the Bolton fans they screamed at every nudge on any of their players and certainly turned this ref into a homer.

I don't tend to blame refs but credit to the Bolton fans they screamed at every nudge on any of their players and certainly turned this ref into a homer.

Sounds like the sort of thing we could do with trying at Roots Hall, instead of spending energy shouting at our own manager and players!

A terrible decision from the ref.

Absolutely. Especially as they had committed men forward, we were on for a really dangerous counter attack. The guy sitting next to me said "this ref is determined to give them a goal." Because he gave them some really soft free kicks in dangerous positions.

How do you know it was blatant if you weren't there ?

What was blatant was Lenny being scythed down late on as he broke past their mid field. Its known as taking one for the team. Not only did the ref not card their player he waved play on just as the tension was at its highest.

I have criticised PB for getting in the officials ear in the past but everyone would have reacted to that decision. Up until that point he had been well behaved. I don't tend to blame refs but credit to the Bolton fans they screamed at every nudge on any of their players and certainly turned this ref into a homer.

Are you saying it wasn't or just ignoring the fact that iffy decisions went both ways? Barret gets away with blue murder game in and game out. I don't recall any opposition managers getting sent off for complaining about it. In PB's current plight he needs to be leading by example. Players on the pitch fume at decisions but have to shut their trap.

Decisiins in matches sometimes go for and sometimes go against you. Referee's and officials are human and make bad decisions in our view but also generally throughout the match do well. They have good matches like players as well as indifferent or bad matches.

Managers are under pressure and that is part of the game. It's the same for every manager.

I am lead to believe that PB was warned about his behaviour according to SSN prior to being sent to the stands. He has then continued and the 4th official has acted and informed the referee and he was dismissed.

He us not being picked on and if he is then he is being paranoid.

PB i discipline has lead to this and I am sorry I cannot accept any excuses put forward to justify it.

Are you saying it wasn't or just ignoring the fact that iffy decisions went both ways? Barret gets away with blue murder game in and game out. I don't recall any opposition managers getting sent off for complaining about it. In PB's current plight he needs to be leading by example. Players on the pitch fume at decisions but have to shut their trap.

What iffy decisions went our way. When was this blue murder offence by Barratt?

What iffy decisions went our way. When was this blue murder offence by Barratt?

I didn't go Rigsby, but Paul Clark on the BBC radio commentary suggested that Barrett was getting away with cuddling Bolton players in our box and we were lucky not to concede free kicks as a result. That was the first half. Second half towards the end of the game Barrett wrestled a Bolton player to the ground in the box again according to Paul Clark. He thought it was a definite penalty but not given. If fans are listening to that commentary they are entitled to believe the views of the commentary team but it always great to have first hand reports from those that were there like you. It's not unreasonable though to listen and believe Barrett got away with a fair bit yesterday.

PB specifically mentioned Phil Parkinson in his interview on BBC Essex, saying that PP and his staff were constantly outside of the technical area and abusing the officials and it went in-noticed, or was punished, he himself was sent off for foul language apparently directed towards the ref and was immediately dismissed. His point was that he was not treated with parity, but unfortunately too many officials play to the crowd, he should know this by now. I can understand his frustration, just hope he's not given another long ban.

Shame we don't get 'homer' refereeing at RH...

You've just gotta give up when people who didn't see any of it are giving strong opinions.

PB specifically mentioned Phil Parkinson in his interview on BBC Essex, saying that PP and his staff were constantly outside of the technical area and abusing the officials and it went in-noticed, or was punished, he himself was sent off for foul language apparently directed towards the ref and was immediately dismissed. His point was that he was not treated with parity, but unfortunately too many officials play to the crowd, he should know this by now. I can understand his frustration, just hope he's not given another long ban.

Bolton have 'homer' stewards too. Not even looking at the home fans, instead just trying to throw out as many away fans as they can.

I was actually warned about this on Friday by some work colleagues who support Birmingham City. They went to Bolton last season and said to watch the stewards as they like to justify their jobs by chucking fans out, especially in the 2nd half. Apparently they say it's for persistent standing, but I guess the Bolton fans can do it for 90 minutes and no one says a word.

As soon as I walked up to the away end and looked at the stewards body language I knew what they would be like. That was before we even went in.

Then they said sit anywhere but had squeezed us into one corner. If they had opened another block they would be ok but this meant you couldn't sit with your mates as there were no groups of six seats left.

Plus if you have an extra two gangways open, then you don't have to get all 'punchy' with fans who set foot in the crowded gangway that is open.

Last edited:

Coughlan was standing outside the technical area when Brown was sent off.

Back