• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Play-off position in February? Quite astonishing after the poor start.
Well done to all concerned so let's show them that we are ALL 100% behind the lads!!

Yes. We looked like champions today. 63% possession against top of table side and playing lovely football. Ted had nothing to do apart from the early moment of madness. Pace, power and confidence; and the 4 defenders today were all outstanding. Good times to be at the hall.

Absolutely agree Kev. The squad PB has put together is really looking strong.

If you go right through the team all the players we have kept from last season have improved. The new Blues this year have all delivered. When called upon they have delivered and as a unit at the moment and there is a depth on the bench that we haven't had for a few seasons.

Whatever the season holds, we are at last moving swiftly in the right direction.

Long may it continue all the way through the club.

UTB

Not only are we in good form, but we are improving with every game! Also nice to have such pace on the bench that can come on and have the impact that McGlashan and Robinson did. Exciting times

One loss in the league since October, when we were bottom four. Incredible turnaround.

Still think AB should be playing; no excuse to keep leaving him out :winking:

Really think this is now the strongest squad for a long long time.We now have strength and depth with a couple of more experienced players to bring out the best in the younger ones.What really pleases me is that there is no player in the squad when playing who I think doesn't deserve to be there and is a weakness.I can only remember that a couple of times since the late 60s so that is quite an achievement .
Unbelievable the change around since the early part of the season so well done PB it cant be easy when only a couple of games away from the sack,and well done the team

I also noticed that all those involved in the game, inc the manager, did a lap at the end of the game in appreciation of the support today. Whilst I would never say Fortress Roots Hall, that bond between the players and fans looks to have returned. All this tosh about a lost dressing room. I'm enjoying Roots Hall for the first time in a while, and I am not alone. That seems to include the players.

.What really pleases me is that there is no player in the squad when playing who I think doesn't deserve to be there and is a weakness.

If we look at Atkinson (for example) earlier in the season this player was taking too long to pass the ball and then he was passing sideways or backwards (when he was in the team) and was being criticised. Seemingly not a good player.

Fast forward and Atkinson seems cemented into the midfield, regularly seen in or around the opposition penalty box, excellent shield in front of the defence, good relationship with Demmy and scoring goals as well. Now it seems Atkinson is a good player.

This highlights to me once again that it is the balance of the team, the system played and the organisation that is important. And that comes down to the management team doesn't it?

Agreed.

Was really noticeable yesterday that every player had about three options when they had the ball and everyone wanted to receive it and make something happen.

Cox and Fortune are so good at coming short and bringing others into the game, opening space up for Wordy and others to drift into.

Noticed, as well, how Cox is not only offering to receive the ball himself, but orchestrating who else it can go to, knowing if a short pass into Will was an option, he would then be on the move for Will's pass from there.

Quality stuff.

Still think AB should be playing; no excuse to keep leaving him out :winking:
why would you change a winning team that gives little away ?, we played the league leaders off the park and restricted them to so few chances? Whilst Adam is a firm favourite with many, including me, his time has come and the future isn't him...

why would you change a winning team that gives little away ?, we played the league leaders off the park and restricted them to so few chances? Whilst Adam is a firm favourite with many, including me, his time has come and the future isn't him...

I fear the winking smilie may have been lost on someone! :winking:

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!
:winking:

Back