• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He wasn't going mad about the penalty decision, he was going mad about the free kick just before that was clearly given the wrong way, that led to the penalty. He was pointing down to the free kick spot just to the right hand side of him. He was also pointing to the fourth official. It looked like he was saying to the ref that the fourth official said it should be a free kick to Southend , it happened almost in front of him. But the ref ignored him, and so Phil Brown went mad.
My own view is that the ref made it personal after Phil Brown gave him a few verbals before during the game. He was fair in the first half, then after half time gave every 50/50 decision to Bradford.

He's got a point, it looked a bad decision from the ref, I thought their player pulled McLaughlin down. Phil still should have controlled himself better though.

It seems that PB is always hard done by. He isn’t though!! All teams and all managers surprisingly get decisions awarded against them. Other managers are able to control themselves. Why cannot PB??
yet again he has been sent to the stands for his dissent and rightly will be punished yet again!

Last edited:
It seems that PB is always hard done by. He isn’t though!! All teams and all managers surprisingly get decisions awarded against them. Other managers are able to control themselves. Why cannot PB??
yet again he has been sent to the stands for his descent and rightly will be punished yet again!

For his descent? Is he going down the league's with or without us? I think it was more due to dissent. :smile:

Back on the topic of the touchline ban, he mentioned in he's post match interview that he will be discussing it with the ref. Presuming, it wasn't over turned. When does the touchline ban begin and for how long? is it just one match?

For example, will he be banned on Saturday? or is it a "red tape thing" that needs to go to the FA for review, and he could be banned for a certain fixture(s) in the new year?.

Back on the topic of the touchline ban, he mentioned in he's post match interview that he will be discussing it with the ref. Presuming, it wasn't over turned. When does the touchline ban begin and for how long? is it just one match?

For example, will he be banned on Saturday? or is it a "red tape thing" that needs to go to the FA for review, and he could be banned for a certain fixture(s) in the new year?.

He'll be banned for 5 months.

The ref gave it so it was a penalty. Having seen it a few times, it's a very dubious one as Lenny definitely got the ball and as the ref got so many decisions wrong today, I can't trust his judgement

And that's where you argument ceases, ref has one chance maybe two if you include the linesman view, not a few times.

End of the day, I bet the penalties that maybe dubious in some supporters eyes even them self out come May 2018

UTS

And that's where you argument ceases, ref has one chance maybe two if you include the linesman view, not a few times.

End of the day, I bet the penalties that maybe dubious in some supporters eyes even them self out come May 2018

UTS

The one on McG at Millwall never evened itself out by May last year.

That shocking decision to give them a free kick against McL on the halfway line proved very costly. Not just our unbeaten home record but bans for Lenny and PB as well.

The one on McG at Millwall never evened itself out by May last year.

That shocking decision to give them a free kick against McL on the halfway line proved very costly. Not just our unbeaten home record but bans for Lenny and PB as well.

So you have analysed ever foul since game one, I bow down to your superior judgement ( Not)

UTS

So you have analysed ever foul since game one, I bow down to your superior judgement ( Not)

UTS

Calm dear, I not having a dig at you.

The point was bad decisions don't even themselves out between the same two teams In just one season.

Even if you take the bigger picture of 24 teams playing 46 matches each. Then probability says it could never be even for all 24 teams. As has been proved statistically referees do favour certain bigger clubs and are influenced by certain home crowds.
Decisions are like injuries, you do get good and bad runs with each.

At the end of the day, a lot of the problem, is supporters deciding what is a good or bad decision. They are all decisions and nothing more. We can bleat and whinge but the decisions stand. I don't want to know about how hard done by I have been. I want to see what we've earned through effort and ability. The harder you work the more luck you get, as they say, and no amount of purely subjective argument is going to put us on more points than we have. We are not where we are in the league because of poor decisions by refs. We are here because it is the very most we have earned.

It never was a free kick to Bradford and should of been a free kick to us, however, our players still made mistakes after that point.

Demi, with a poor header, Demi with a soft tackle to try and win it back, Turner for diving in on the edge of the box, and then Lenny for his poor tackle, which was a penalty every day of the week.

JW is more at fault than Turner for the penalty, IMHO.

At the point Law picks the ball up and rolls it into Wyke's feet, Turner comes out to close down Wyke which, I think, was the gameplan all game. JW is static throughout the move as Law drifts past him. Lenny spots the danger, but Law is too quick and the rest is history.

Back