• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: I went for quality not quantity on transfer deadline day

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown insists he went for quality not quantity on a quiet transfer deadline day for the Shrimpers.

More...

Don't think PB impressed the striker short list much. Don't think its the club so much but PB`s got no appeal. Think we got lucky with AF, SC, and a couple of others but most of the other are pretty dire . Going to be a very trying season for us . supporters
Maybe it says more about the manager than anything else

After trawling through the various threads it is easy to fear the worst for this season. Let`s try and be positive, True it has been a poor start but it is early days and if the injured players become fit and the others stay fit we have a reasonable squad. If things do not improve then it must be down to management and that must be a matter for Ron to resolve. I for one will be quite happy with a reasonable season comfortably avoiding a relegation fight. I don`t think we can expect much more without a wealthy backer and as much as I would love to see us back in the Championship there is no way we could survive there as things stand. So let`s all cheer up it`s still so much better than being in Division 2.

PB Quote:

“Players of a lesser quality became available but I didn’t want to weaken us, I wanted to strengthen us."
Is this really possible ?

Back