• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Heaven

Youth Team
wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
Chris Phillips (@CJPhillips1982)
01/09/2016, 11:00
Brown: “I was keen to bring in a striker but I only wanted to bring in people who would have improved us, not those of lesser quality."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:06
PB: “Fans are entitled to say what they want. If they had sat in my office for the last 4 or 5 weeks they would know what I’ve gone through.

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:07
Brown: “Numbers don’t mean anything. It’s about improvement and bringing quality in.”

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:08
Brown: "We were associated with Ebanks-Blake but he wasn’t someone I thought would improve our front-line."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:15
Brown: “It’s been a lot to do with finances but a lot of players are listening to the advice of their agents and under 21 managers."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:16
Brown: "A lot of it wasn’t down to their manager or chairman which I found hard to understand."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:21
Brown: "A lot of times an agent has stepped in & said he’s not going because of this or that. Sometimes you don’t even get a because of."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:22
Brown: "A lot of people out there are controlling young players and their livelihoods. I don’t think they’re making the right decisions."

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:27
PB: “I empathise with the supporters. I know they would have wanted to see four of five coming in but does that win a game of football?"

wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
01/09/2016, 11:31
Brown: "There are people still out there we can sign who aren’t connected to a club. But why aren't they connected to a club?"

OK I take your comments and counter with. How is it possible for almost all other clubs to bring in the players they want, but for some reason you can't.

Either the chairman hasn't done the business or you haven't. Either way our club is pretty rotten at the moment from top to bottom.

OK I take your comments and counter with. How is it possible for almost all other clubs to bring in the players they want, but for some reason you can't.

Either the chairman hasn't done the business or you haven't. Either way our club is pretty rotten at the moment from top to bottom.

How do you know this. Did they fax you a list of targets back in May

A fair enough challenge - however, do you ever see any room for critique of one Philip Brown? Your comments might hold a little more weight if you occasionally balanced them with a sprinkling of empathy for the alternative view

So now he's saying bringing in 4 or 5 doesn't win games, make your mind up, couple of weeks ago we needed 4 or 5 according to you.....tangoed tit !!!!! He really does spout crap 24/7

Brown: "We were associated with Ebanks-Blake but he wasn’t someone I thought would improve our front-line."

So PB thinks that Williams is better than Ebanks-Blake does he? Football is finally past the point of no return :nope:

Look at the clubs ins and outs this summer inclusive of yesterday.

You tell me someone if any that have not built much better than us.

Quality players being signed left right and centre by clubs in our league. We have lost quality and not replaced and those that have come in with any quality come with baggage or a history of being injured.

I'm not expecting messi or Ronaldo but I am expecting to try and build on last season. That will be very hard to achieve now.

So Brown thinks Mooney is good, he wasn't last year and he is not again this year, brown talks a good talk but that's about it, league two here we come.

A fair enough challenge - however, do you ever see any room for critique of one Philip Brown? Your comments might hold a little more weight if you occasionally balanced them with a sprinkling of empathy for the alternative view

I have on many occasions with people who can post without their blind agenda. From set pieces, long throws, players who were dropped, where to play Jack Payne and lots about last Saturday.

Its not just about PB, I'll defend John White or Adam Barrett. Mooney if people are booing him. I defended Sturrock when people slagged his style of football when we were lucky to survive in the league. I'll be defending the next manager after Brown

What I won't do is act like a teenage girl and join the 'groovy gang'. Some of you need to seriously man up a bit and add something to the zone.

It isn't possible. Go on the message boards of every club in the country - from Arsenal to Everton to Exeter to Yeovil and I guarantee that 50% or more are full of fans bemoaning the fact that they haven't been able to sign players.

I'd suspect somewhere out there there's a message board with fans of another club asking how little Southend have managed to sign nine players including two former Premier League starters.

the bloke is a clown and spouts absolute rubbish and is constantly hypocritical and contradictory. The other week... "It doesn't matter if their not our first or second choice signings, we need bodies". Today... "We aren't bringing in quantity, we need quality and those who will improve the squad". He has essentially said that players don't win you games hahaha. Absolute muppet of the highest order. Well done Brown (and Ron), you have just confirmed our relegation back to League 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So now he's saying bringing in 4 or 5 doesn't win games, make your mind up, couple of weeks ago we needed 4 or 5 according to you.....tangoed tit !!!!! He really does spout crap 24/7

Got a point there. He's not the Spin Doctor he think he is.

Ebanks-Blake for example scored 10 goals in a struggling team, for arguments sake lets say for the most part of the season were we better [that's fair, right?] that's better than Mooney's return.

I can understand, and will give Brown the benefit of the doubt that he wanted the best possible players. But there's a point where you can improve the squad by an inch, a mile, or not at all and I think the lack of signings [as good as Cox, Ferdinand and potentially Ranger may be] we fall in the last bracket, maybe worse off.

I have on many occasions with people who can post without their blind agenda. From set pieces, long throws, players who were dropped, where to play Jack Payne and lots about last Saturday.

Its not just about PB, I'll defend John White or Adam Barrett. Mooney if people are booing him. I defended Sturrock when people slagged his style of football when we were lucky to survive in the league. I'll be defending the next manager after Brown

What I won't do is act like a teenage girl and join the 'groovy gang'. Some of you need to seriously man up a bit and add something to the zone.

Some of us were at the small meeting in the Spread where it was decided to come up with a zone in the first place, and then were directly responsible for some of the technical aspects of what you use today and the site logo. So some of us feel we have made a contribution, thanks.

As for the teenage girl and groovy gang comment, what the..?!?

On more than one occasion in this forum, I've sounded off about agents who put their own financial interests ahead of the best professional interests of the often young players that they represent, so I have to say that I sympathise with Mr Brown's comments about them. I'm in the "don't give in to outrageous demands" camp on matters like this. I suspect that our chairman and manager are of the same opinion, particularly bearing in mind how close to the wind the club frequently sails financially. Other clubs that have signed players may be less principled or more wealthy or both. I'm not an apologist for Mr Brown or Mr Martin but I can see where they're coming from here. Some of Mr Brown's other comments are spurious, to say the least, however.

Whatever way you look at it, its a failure. Its a failure if you set out to achieve something and you don't achieve it. Who's fault is up for debate, its not 100% the Manager, as he indicates. And how damaging that failure will turn out to be we won't know until the next weeks and months unfold. Relying on the last day to complete your business is a risk as it is for anything we do in life and leave until the last minute.

the bloke is a clown and spouts absolute rubbish and is constantly hypocritical and contradictory. The other week... "It doesn't matter if their not our first or second choice signings, we need bodies". Today... "We aren't bringing in quantity, we need quality and those who will improve the squad". He has essentially said that players don't win you games hahaha. Absolute muppet of the highest order. Well done Brown (and Ron), you have just confirmed our relegation back to League 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can I put you down as optimistic? :winking:

Back