• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a sign of good times is the above 40% win ratio hit yesterday.All promotion seasons normally come with this stat.......fingers crossed

Always a sign of good times is the above 40% win ratio hit yesterday.All promotion seasons normally come with this stat.......fingers crossed
Probably one of the more meaningless of SKY generated stats. You could win 4 and lose 6 out of 10 matches and have a 40% win ratio....and only have a return of 12 points. Alternatively you could have 3 wins and 7 draws in 10 matches so only have a 30% win ratio.....yet have 16 points.

Which would you rather have?

Completely agree. it should be judged on a lose ratio V Win and draw. Points make prizes. :winking:

...'fans' who don't pick holes in every post put on here please..
:tease:
><)))°> j---
The whole point of a forum but ok I will endeavour to agree with everything you say in future.

Surely just a points-per-game ratio gives the most accurate interpretation. Can't value draws the same as wins.

On that one, it would depend how far you wanted to go back, historically, with the stats. Two points for a win v. Three points for a win.

Best way is number of defeats as a percentage of matches played, I think, though any stat of this kind has it's drawbacks.

...'fans' who don't pick holes in every post put on here please..
:tease:
><)))°> j---

Personally, I thought pointing out the flaw in this particularly worthless statistic enhanced the thread rather than detracted from it.

If you must rank managers in this way, the only sensible metric is points per game.

On that one, it would depend how far you wanted to go back, historically, with the stats. Two points for a win v. Three points for a win.

Best way is number of defeats as a percentage of matches played, I think, though any stat of this kind has it's drawbacks.

I'm far too young to be comparing PB to any manager from the 2 points for a win era!!!

Back