• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PC help please.....

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Since Wednesday, for absolutely no reason at all as far as I can work out, my PC has decided to log itself out of my regular pages so it doesn't retain the passwords and stuff any more. I don't think anyone has done anything to it to make it do this, and I've re-selected the option for IE to remember passwords but it still doesn't. It has also just closed down IE several times whilst in the middle of doing something over the last few days.

I've got a Dell Optiplex GX280 that was reconditioned when I bought it. It whirrs away alarmingly sometimes and that's when it usually closes down the internet or sometimes takes itself off-line, the latter of which it's always done but is simply remedied.

Any help or advice very gratefully received, although, as you know, I'm a huge techy dunce so in plain, simple terms please!

OBL, sometimes computers will do strange things for what appears to be no apparent reason, but usually the result of some small part of the operating system losing itself. This may even happen after an automatic windows update which doesn't always play nicely with everything else already running on your particular set-up.
I would certainly recommend installing Google Chrome and seeing if this solves the problem; at least then you know it is not your computer hardware causing the problem. You can keep IE at the same time and if at a later time you don't like chrome, you can go back to IE and may find a later update may have cured your elusive problem.

Thanks guys, will have a look at this over the weekend. I've had the computer about 9 or 10 months though and never had any such problems until Wednesday of this week......maybe it is some random update that's affected things.

The problem is with the browser not your computer. Get chrome.

Downloaded Chrome, and you're right it seems to have solved the problem. Just getting used to it now, where are the "home" and "favourites" icons???!!!

Back