• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PDA's

Decided as xmas is just round the corner its time for a new boys toy. I have got it into my thick skull that I really really NEED a PDA. It would just make my life so smashing.
Unfortunately the wife doesnt see it somehow.

My question to you good people is a PDA worth it. Do you use it to its potential?

If you dont recommend one then what new toy do I really NEED ?

Also sky+ That is a daily debate in my house. I think it sounds superb but dont know anyone who has one

WEll i went with the XDA 2 as i needed an all in one (with phone.)

Pocket PC 2002 . Oddly it dosent crash every 3 seconds and it takes SD an XD cards ! (Wifi and GPS )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Nov. 22 2004,18:56)]Also sky+ That is a daily debate in my house. I think it sounds superb but dont know anyone who has one
Ninja has it and it's the nuts well worth getting.

As for PDA's if you turn it into Sat Nav by getting the software I'd do it. Very handy for driving and when you're in London.

If you want Sky+, i'd wait for the new '160' version to come out. It will be able to hold 4 (i think) times more than the current version out at the moment. Thats why Sky are on a big promotion push to sell as many Sky+ boxes as they can before the new one comes out. Thats what im doing, and whilst am at it, i'm also going to get Sky Multiroom as you dont have to pay £60 installation (although its a tenner a month) ...

Kev

Mind you, i've just seen its £399, so i might not bother!!

Kev

laugh.gif

It is possible to upgrade the hard disk in a normal sky+ box quite easily apparently, and for a fraction of the cost.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 22 2004,20:25)]As for PDA's if you turn it into Sat Nav by getting the software I'd do it. Very handy for driving and when you're in London.
You need hardware AND software to turn a PDA into a GPS navigation system.

Cheers.

Is there no end to the "marvels" of computer wizardry. How long before the handy remote-controlled electronic poo scheduler is available ? It'll be a simple operation.

Worried about having a sh*t after you've pulled the woman of your dreams who's just offered you a full body tongue massage ? Simply delay your poo for a few hours by pressing this handy button.

Kinell !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 23 2004,09:00)]Worried about having a sh*t after you've pulled the woman of your dreams who's just offered you a full body tongue massage ? Simply delay your poo for a few hours by pressing this handy button.
Or just do it on her chest. Some women like that. Apparently.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 23 2004,09:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 23 2004,09:00)]Worried about having a sh*t after you've pulled the woman of your dreams who's just offered you a full body tongue massage ? Simply delay your poo for a few hours by pressing this handy button.
That's just nasty, Steeeve. Sick.....
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Nov. 22 2004,17:50)]Decided as xmas is just round the corner its time for a new boys toy. I have got it into my thick skull that I really really NEED  a PDA. It would just make my life so smashing.
Unfortunately the wife doesnt see it somehow.

My question to you good people is a PDA worth it. Do you use it to its potential?

If you dont recommend one then what new toy do I really NEED ?
I have a Ipaq but rarely use it. But once I get a decent PC will use it more. Expensive hobby, PDAs- you need extra memory, cases, decent software, and a decent PC,

But yes it could be worth it.

Sky+ is coming on Thursday, along with multiroom. All i need now is a fridge and food in my bedroom (along with the fruit machine) and i wouldn't have too move anywhere else in the house ...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,09:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 23 2004,09:08)]
[b said:
That's just nasty, Steeeve. Sick.....  
rock.gif
And for a double whammy you still get the all over tongue massage ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 23 2004,12:20)]Sky+ is coming on Thursday, along with multiroom. All i need now is a fridge and food in my bedroom (along with the fruit machine) and i wouldn't have too move anywhere else in the house ...

laugh.gif
Christ, I spend the evening trying to find something I actually want to watch and I normally fail.
I can't believe that anyone can find enough stuff worth watching on SKY to actually record it.........!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Nov. 23 2004,13:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 23 2004,12:20)]Sky+ is coming on Thursday, along with multiroom. All i need now is a fridge and food in my bedroom (along with the fruit machine) and i wouldn't have too move anywhere else in the house ...

laugh.gif
Christ, I spend the evening trying to find something I actually want to watch and I normally fail.
I can't believe that anyone can find enough stuff worth watching on SKY to actually record it.........!
rock.gif
With my hectic social schedule, im finding it increasingly hard to find spare time in the evening, hence needing Sky+ ...

Kev

tounge.gif

Back