• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pdc

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
Did anyone see Manley just now? His opponent looked like a random 12 year old fat kid they'd pulled out of the crowd but he pushed Manley all the way.

Didn't realise they'd moved it to the 'Ally Pally instead of the Circus Tavern these days...

never been but like wimbledon every time its on i keep saying i must go one year. i won't bother now its moved from the circus tavern, any reason why its no longer there?

never been but like wimbledon every time its on i keep saying i must go one year. i won't bother now its moved from the circus tavern, any reason why its no longer there?

I guess the Ally Pally is a much much bigger venue, plus it's in London which is a bit easier to reach.

Just got in to see the last 30 mins of the Taylor match. Unbelievable tension with Taylor just scraping through on sudden death. Wow! :eek:

I guess the Ally Pally is a much much bigger venue, plus it's in London which is a bit easier to reach.

Exactly that. The Premier League competition has shown that they can fill big arenas nowadays; the Circus Tavern, great though it was for atmosphere, was just too small to be commercially viable.

What a game that Taylor one was! Fantastic stuff. Going on December 27th for the 8th year in a row, can't wait.

Oh and Kenny, a nod to the tournament sponsors (and my employers) in the thread title would've been nice :thump: ;)

Saw the Manley and Taylor matches last night. Whatever people say about the lack of athleticism, these events, no doubt helped by Sky's razzmatazz and Sid Waddell's commentary, can be great specatacles.

Was edge of the seat stuff watching that Taylor game. Glad he won it, but his poor form throws the tournament wide open.

In terms of the quality of play, this tournament hasn't actually been that great, but the sheer excitement of the games means it is the best World Championship I've seen.

Wild horses couldn't pull me away from the telly this evening!

Back