• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

penaltys

penaltys - who will take them now

• Lawrie Dudfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Bently

• Tes Bramble

• Jimmy Corbett

• Drewe Broughton

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mark Gower

• Andy Edwards

• Kevin Maher

• Leon Cort

• Other (please state)

• Total voters
Corbett.

In all honesty though, if you watch all of the Constantine pens, there were only 1, perhaps 2 decent ones. Penalties are more about luck than anything most of the time, just look at his penalty against Darlington, or the one in the same game for them.

Who voted Drewe !!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyone know if theres any truth in this McGleish rumour?

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Wouldn&#39;t put it past Dudders having ago. And I also wouldn&#39;t be too surprised if he&#39;s goals per game were higher than Connie&#39;s (especially if you discount Connie&#39;s cup goals and games).</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 24 2004,12:03)](especially if you discount Connie&#39;s cup goals and games)
Why would you want to do that?

As for penalties, all you need (All&#33;) is a player with enough confidence to place a penalty in the top corner rather than the bottom corner. For instance, look at the Horse&#39;s pen in the cup final. You could tell the keeper which side it was going and he still wouldn&#39;t have kept it out.

Personally, I&#39;ve never missed a penalty when I&#39;ve shot high.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 24 2004,14:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 24 2004,12:03)](especially if you discount Connie&#39;s cup goals and games)
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Strange crop of my post....

All I&#39;m saying is that Dudder&#39;s Goals per games ratio must be near, or above Connie&#39;s. Lest not forget that Connie also scored a few cup goals - Dudder&#39;s wasn&#39;t eligible, and may have also scored a few had he have been.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 24 2004,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 24 2004,14:09)]
[b said:
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Strange crop of my post....

All I&#39;m saying is that Dudder&#39;s Goals per games ratio must be near, or above Connie&#39;s. Lest not forget that Connie also scored a few cup goals - Dudder&#39;s wasn&#39;t eligible, and may have also scored a few had he have been.</span>
I thought the whole point of goals per game is that it gives a relative figure rather than an absolute one.

Although Dudfield may have scored in the cup games, he may not and the only indicator you could get would be his league goals per game. In fact, considering that we were playing teams from the division above, it would have probably been harder,

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>OK, fair enough - all I&#39;m saying is that Dudder&#39;s would have been up in the charts too if he&#39;d been here longer. And he offers more to the team, IMHO.</span>

I think Bentley could take the penalties as it is clear he can strike a good free-kick and probably a good penalty as well.

McGleish, if he sign, he rarely miss a pens, well he did at Plymouth last game of season. If we get about the same number of pens as last season, McGleish is on way to Golden Boot winner.

Back