• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The 'legendary' shrimperstrust / shrimperzone pennant looks as if it has survived its most dangerous leg and is in the hands of Xabia shrimper.
The South African and Spanish postal services appear in competition for 'Most Crap Postage service in the world" award, but thankfully all ends well ...

The pennant will be arriving back at roots hall hopefully with a bit of fanfair so keep 'em peeled.
I'll update as i hear whats to happen in the future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,06:27)]The South African and Spanish postal services appear in competition for 'Most Crap Postage service in the world" award, but thankfully all ends well ...
Does it?!

It's got to endure the Spanish / British postal service and, believe me, that combination would push the above for the title of most crap postal service!

However, if I am the last destination, I'm travelling to the UK for a weekend visit at the beginning of December and will be attending the FA Cup Second Round game of December 4th so I can bring it personally to Roots Hall?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,09:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,06:27)]The South African and Spanish postal services appear in competition for 'Most Crap Postage service in the world" award, but thankfully all ends well ...
Does it?!

It's got to endure the Spanish / British postal service and, believe me, that combination would push the above for the title of most crap postal service!
I think the Spanish postal service wins this one hands down and on its own. My little sis sent me a postcard from Ibiza in Sept 04, which reached me in June '05.

That's what I call a postal service... not.

There may be plenty about the UK that sucks, but at least our post gets here reasonably quickly...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 15 2005,10:41)]I think the Spanish postal service wins this one hands down and on its own.  My little sis sent me a postcard from Ibiza in Sept 04, which reached me in June '05.

That's what I call a postal service... not.
The main problem is that ex-pats (British, German, Dutch, etc) don't sign the town's "padron" which is basically a record of everyone who lives in the area. Central government will only give an amount of money for services which is related to the number of people on the "padron" list. For instance, Jávea's population is reckoned to be around 40,000 but less than 20,000 have signed the "padron". So we only get money for 20,000 people. Those who make the biggest noise about crap postal and municipal sevices tend to be those who haven't signed the "padron" (for whatever reason) and hide themselves away in urbanisations. It's much the same all over mainland Spain and the islands.

For the record, me and the missus HAVE signed the padron!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 15 2005,09:32)]
[b said:
Does it?!

However, if I am the last destination, I'm travelling to the UK for a weekend visit at the beginning of December and will be attending the FA Cup Second Round game of December 4th so I can bring it personally to Roots Hall?

WS
Good session in the spread is in order then!
biggrin.gif

Back