• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People are strange

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
A thread for those things we see in life that don't quite qualify for the 'happy' or 'hacked off' threads. I'll start...

At lunchtime today, I strolled past the Hammersmith Apollo. Absolutely loads of folk there, many of them sitting down amid the metal barriers.

Turns out people have been queuing since Friday (!) for the Harry Styles gig taking place there tonight. If you have tickets to a gig, don't you get in anyway?

I guess they want to be up the front? Odd behaviour indeed.

A friend of my ex queued up overnight for 3 nights on the trot to see Michael Jackson 3 times at Wembley and the fight to get up the front was apparently brutal.

Yes, it'll be standing room I expect, on the ground floor level so they want to be at the front.

I guess they want to be up the front? Odd behaviour indeed.

A friend of my ex queued up overnight for 3 nights on the trot to see Michael Jackson 3 times at Wembley and the fight to get up the front was apparently brutal.

If it was the MJ concert I went to at Wembley a few years back (well several years actually) then yes it was brutal to get to the front but it was well worth it as one of the best concerts I have ever been to

If it was the MJ concert I went to at Wembley a few years back (well several years actually) then yes it was brutal to get to the front but it was well worth it as one of the best concerts I have ever been to

Rediscovered MJ of late, Off The Wall & Thriller are superb, but Bad onwards is where it all goes horribly wrong IMHO.

I find that with people who queue up and sleep overnight in order to get centre court Wimbledon Tennis tickets

Mind you similar story when we played Man Utd, season ticket holder were queuing up hours before the ticket office opened, even though that had days to get them, it was just so they could say I got mine first. I went down there at 5.30 pm a day afterwards and walked straight up and got my three tickets

UTS

Simply wanting to go to a Harry Styles "gig" in the first place is grounds for sectioning under the mental health act IMO.

Yeah, but you're not a hormonal teenage girl.......got to let the yoof have their pop stars to swoon over, much like we did over Debbie Harry/Kim Wilde etc etc.

Yeah, but you're not a hormonal teenage girl.......got to let the yoof have their pop stars to swoon over, much like we did over Debbie Harry/Kim Wilde etc etc.

Lol, they did this kind of thing with the Osmonds back in the 70s too!

Lol, they did this kind of thing with the Osmonds back in the 70s too!

Beatles & The Stones in the 60s, Elvis in the 50s, Frank Sinatra in the 30s & 40s. I believe there were riots when Mozart was premiering a new opus back in the 1800s. Nothing new in the world.

Beatles & The Stones in the 60s, Elvis in the 50s, Frank Sinatra in the 30s & 40s. I believe there were riots when Mozart was premiering a new opus back in the 1800s. Nothing new in the world.

There was a huge daffadill fight outside the Cliffs when The Smiths cancelled at the last minute. Does that count?

Back