• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
I can tolerate most things at the club but I think the abuse Billy took from some of ours fans is a f%&king joke.

Do you think the bloke didnt want to win today, Do you think he didnt try......Of course not......So why do you feels its ok to have a go at him.

I agree so far he has been a but disapointing but the answer is to encourage him not boo him. Some w%&kers even booed him before kick off.....wonder if they are the same people that went crazy with his equaliser on Tuesday night...???

If a player is not trying then fiar enough but Billy ran his tits of today and physically had a good duel with two big defenders.

I was worried about the step up from Divison one but the players seem to have coped ok. Sadly a few of our basic fans are stuck in the dark ages..

Get behing the club of go and support someone else.

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Completely agree..

All the players on the pitch are chosen by Tilly and Brush, who are working their socks off to build a team that can compete at this level - and so far they have done good. To boo players they have selected is to:

A) Rate your own judgement over theirs - which is incredible arrogance, and

B) To work in Diametric Opposition to what they are trying to achieve. In other words, to try and drag the team down and backwards.

Unbelievable!

Absolute disgrace, he is actually showing some nice touches and certainly don't deserve that from the morons.

100% agree... So far since he has joined he has given his all in every game. Ok so he hasn't scored but that doesn't make him a bad player. Get behind the bloke, he's still young and learning the way we play.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Sep. 24 2006,20:19)]100% agree... So far since he has joined he has given his all in every game. Ok so he hasn't scored but that doesn't make him a bad player. Get behind the bloke, he's still young and learning the way we play.
mad.gif
He scored against Brighton.

Paynter seems to be getting a lot of stick, on hear, at Roots Hall, and on away days but I honestly can't see why. Paynter was one of very few positvies for us today. Thought he looked sharp, strong and had a decent touch. Won his fair share in the air, had a goal disallowed for offise and hit the cross bar.

He isn't going to be the 20 goal a season striker, we have that in Eastwood, but Paynter is a good foil for him. He does Eastwood's donkey work, takes the kicks and elbows and puts himself about which allows space for Eastwood.

I have been impressed with him so far. He works extremely hard for the cause and wants to impress with us. Something else we have to take into account is his played a lot of football up north for Port Vale and Hull, so also well as settling into a new team with a different style of play to his previous clubs, he is also having to up root from familiar surroundings and settle in down south.

Give the guy a break, just because we have "apparently" spent £200k on him, your all expecting the next Freddy Eastwood. If we had picked him up on a free he wouldn't be getting half the stick he gets now.

Finally, his a massive step up from some of our past heros Rawle, Bramble, Belgrave, Jones, Richards et all. So stop f%&king moaning and get behind him, and the rest of the team for that matter!!!

Can't beleived the crowd cheered when it was annouced he was going to be subbed! good confidence booster that one

Agree that its 100 % wrong to boo him before during of after a match . Completely disagree re his contribution. He looks one paced ( slow ) one dimensional , i dont think he does have a good first touch , I think that Eastwood does FAR more work than him, even when closing opposing defenders down when they are in possesion he looks lathargic, I dont think he looks sharp at all , dont agree that he is giving his all , dont think he won enough in the air and finally DtS I honestly am not convinced that he did "try" today and even more so against Brighton . That is my view , however iwould certainly not voice it aloud during a game as i feel that it would not contribute to the cause at all .

Would have been a hero if his header had gone under the bar rather than on top of it. Similarly if the lino had kept his flag down could have been two. How fickle we are!

Well said DtS, spot-on.

Over the past two seasons Tilly hasn't stood for any poor performances from individuals. Take Gutts as an example this season, he's had a poor start and he's been replaced by Hunt who's been patiently waiting on the sidelines.

If Paynter doesn't measure up to the people that matter - ie Tilly and Brush - then he'll be replaced. It doesn't need idiots in the crowd trying to do the manager's job!

I've said it before but we've been spoilt with Eastwood's class over the last two seasons. Not every striker will be as good.

The story I heard is that Tilly wanted Harrold all along, didnt think he would get him from Yeovil so went for Paynter as a second choice, then Harrold became available right on deadline day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,19:37)]I can tolerate most things at the club but I think the abuse Billy took from some of ours fans is a f%&king joke.

Do you think the bloke didnt want to win today, Do you think he didnt try......Of course not......So why do you feels its ok to have a go at him.

I agree so far he has been a but disapointing but the answer is to encourage him not boo him. Some w%&kers even booed him before kick off.....wonder if they are the same people that went crazy with his equaliser on Tuesday night...???

If a player is not trying then fiar enough but Billy ran his tits of today and physically had a good duel with two big defenders.

I was worried about the step up from Divison one but the players seem to have coped ok. Sadly a few of our basic fans are stuck in the dark ages..

Get behing the club of go and support someone else.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Spot on.

Our fans are rubbish.

The performance of the players might have been a bit flat, but they took their cue from the fans. I think the only noise we made was a couple of chants directed at the referee. There was no support of the players out there.

If Southend United struggle and go down this season then it will be just reward for those idiotic "fans" who have decided to boo players this season. We heard the disgraceful derision of Paynter on TV; my colleagues had not heard anything like it! Personally I'd like to see these supposed football "experts" dig out a pair of football boots and take part in daily training, let alone last more than ten minutes in a tough Football League Championship game against one of THE form teams of the moment. And then I'll stand on the sidelines and BOO them off the pitch. Morons ...

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Sep. 24 2006,23:21)]i thought that paynter played his best game for us today.
Was watching this in Scotland with my son and three of his friends. They were flabbergasted at the treatment BP got, their comment was that though he wasn't our best player on the day, he was a long way from being our worst. I accept and understand your opinion, prittlewellshrimper, but I have seen him twice now, Shef W and today, and on both occasions I felt he did OK and, importantly, tried hard. How much longer he will try with the likes of CS Joke on his back I don't know.

I was embarassed by the reaction to Paynter today. In fact, I've been embarassed by how we've treated a new signing for the club in general.

Almost ranks up with Oxford away in terms of my reluctance to associate myself with people who seem so wildly different in principle.

Although I dont agree with booing our own players, people who pay their money are entitled to voice their opinions, but i also thought Billy had his best game so far.
However, Freddy seems to be better when Harrold is in the side which is why I would have preferred him today.
I would also have started Sodje instead of Clarke. Hope Tilly isnt trying to justify his money signings by keeping them in the team.

I don't think that Paynter looks particularly good, I don't think that he's done enough to be any more than our fifth choice striker and I hope that someone else is given a run in the side alongsider Eastwood in the next few games.

But, the abuse he took today was disgraceful and I've rarely been as embarrassed to be a Southend fan as I was when his substitution got cheered today. I watched him all the way into the dug-out and he looked utterly dejected.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,23:19)]If Southend United struggle and go down this season then it will be just reward for those idiotic "fans" who have decided to boo players this season. We heard the disgraceful derision of Paynter on TV; my colleagues had not heard anything like it! Personally I'd like to see these supposed football "experts" dig out a pair of football boots and take part in daily training, let alone last more than ten minutes in a tough Football League Championship game against one of THE form teams of the moment. And then I'll stand on the sidelines and BOO them off the pitch. Morons ...

mad.gif
The problem is Mike that the negative feelings have been building in the South Upper for the last couple of games, and today was the first real outburst. Unless Paynter goes out and scores a hattrick the booing will get worse (having sat in the South yourself you now how this goes).
I also thought Paynter had his best game today, and I still don't think he is good enough, but while he is wearing the shirt I wouldn't boo him off the pitch it doesn't help him or the team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 25 2006,00:06)]I watched him all the way into the dug-out and he looked utterly dejected.
Which is a shame because I know he was feeling positive before the game.
He came over to the South stand below where I sit to sign some autographs, I took the opportunity to shout some encouragment to him and got a thumbs up in return.

Back