• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question People who should have died during child birth???

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
When you think of individuals throughout history who have been responsible for total and utter atrocities, we think of characters like Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong II, Osama bin Laden, President Mugabe,............but does anyone ever mention the name Thomas Midgley??

Good old Thomas who was an American mechanical engineer turned chemist, who was responsible for adding LED in to fuel in an attempt to stop engines from knocking

Not content with being responsible for pumping millions of tones worth of LED in to the atmosphere, he then went on to invent chlorofluorocarbons which are more commonly known as CFC’s.

The ironic thing about this man’s inventions is that when he contracted polo in his 40’s, he invented a sling type contraption to lift him in and out of bed and one morning it must have gone a bit wrong and he was found tied up amongst the ropes strangled to death.

I am just spit balling here but would it not have been better if this man died during child birth??

Who else IYO should have died during child birth?

Last edited:
When you think of individuals throughout history who have been responsible for total and utter atrocities, we think of characters like Adolf Hitler, Kim Jong II, Osama bin Laden, President Mugabe , Fidel Castro.............but does anyone ever mention the name Thomas Midgley??

Good old Thomas who was an American mechanical engineer turned chemist, who was responsible for adding LED in to fuel in an attempt to stop engines from knocking

Not content with being responsible for pumping millions of tones worth of LED in to the atmosphere, he then went on to invent chlorofluorocarbons which are more commonly known as CFC’s.

The ironic thing about this man’s inventions is that when he contracted polo in his 40’s, he invented a sling type contraption to lift him in and out of bed and one morning it must have gone a bit wrong and he was found tied up amongst the ropes strangled to death.

I am just spit balling here but would it not have been better if this man died during child birth??

Who else IYO should have died during child birth?

To be fair, none of this would've been known at the time. It's a bit like saying, were we to find in the future that peniclillin causes global warming, that Joseph Lister should never have been born.

Although Thomas didn't seemingly do us any favours, whats to say that had he not done either of these things an even more damaging solution may have ben found instead?

Oh, and how do Light Emitting Diodes prevent knocking? :p

Can I say Lord Football?

Just kidding Lord, your'e the man!

To be fair, none of this would've been known at the time. It's a bit like saying, were we to find in the future that peniclillin causes global warming, that Joseph Lister should never have been born.

Although Thomas didn't seemingly do us any favours, whats to say that had he not done either of these things an even more damaging solution may have ben found instead?

Oh, and how do Light Emitting Diodes prevent knocking? :p

hmmmmm, who is Ben and what do you think he might of discoverd then

:finger:

Can I say Lord Football?

Just kidding Lord, your'e the man!

Oi he is my brother, actually my elder brother and you do have a point, afterall he bullied me all the time when I was younger.

Sorry, I know I'm taking this all far too literally, but can I just say that the loss of a baby during childbirth would be devastating to the mother (and father where appropriate) so please forgive me for not joining in on this one.

The Unholy Trinity of Cliff Richard, Lionel Blair and Bruce Forsyth. Pure Evil.

I believe several attempts were made to off them all, but this could only be done with special daggers and by a priest, just like in the Omen.

If these attempts had been successful, we would have had a cure for cancer and world peace by now and pies would grow on trees.

Kind Regards

Sorry, I know I'm taking this all far too literally, but can I just say that the loss of a baby during childbirth would be devastating to the mother (and father where appropriate) so please forgive me for not joining in on this one.

And with hindsight, just think how many babies would've lived if some of these folk were put down at birth.

Adolf Hitler
Kim Jong II
Osama bin Laden
President Mugabe

Picture Look bigger at the.

Like you said you are taking it far too literally, and I agree that it is better that you don't join in......... its the sort of hypothetical light hearted conversation you would have in the pub.

Why do you feel the need to get involved in every topic even if it offends you so much?

Why do you feel the need to get involved in every topic even if it offends you so much?

Maybe it would have been better entitled something a little different. And just maybe if you'd ever experienced the misery and pain of miscarriage or stillbirth then you might actually have some shred of understanding or compassion.

A less offensive title would have been "people who should never have been born" or something along those lines.

Maybe it would have been better entitled something a little different. And just maybe if you'd ever experienced the misery and pain of miscarriage or stillbirth then you might actually have some shred of understanding or compassion.

A less offensive title would have been "people who should never have been born" or something along those lines.

Maybe you are right but then again just maybe you are not.

Leave it at that.....its getting extremely boring now.

Something gives me the feeling that you might not take my advice though.

:D

I totally agree, this thread is a bit bad taste.

[MISOGYNY]Another reason why woman should be banned from SZ.com[/MISOGYNY]

Back