• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sounds like a few pros have issues with him too after his latest echo interview

Phil comes across as a complete bully who seems intent on mugging off his own lads without any care at all.

Peter Miles ‏@PeterRMiles 5h Phil Brown was at Bury Town v Dulwich Hamlet on Tuesday night keeping tabs on Hamlet's talented creative midfielder Erhan Oztumer.

Good to see him actually looking at non-league talent, but I thought he was after a defender ...

Anyway, he may have been impressed as Oztumer scored twice in a 4-0 win for Dulwich Hamlet.

Peter Miles ‏@PeterRMiles 5h Phil Brown was at Bury Town v Dulwich Hamlet on Tuesday night keeping tabs on Hamlet's talented creative midfielder Erhan Oztumer.

Good to see him actually looking at non-league talent, but I thought he was after a defender ...

Anyway, he may have been impressed as Oztumer scored twice in a 4-0 win for Dulwich Hamlet.

Can't have him playing, his name is an anagram of Um, Zone Hater.....

Spoke to my mate who plays for Billericay in the same league to see if he could tell me much about this lad, he could only comment from reputation and what he's heard but did say the last player he heard this kind of buzz about was Dwight Gayle. Make of that what you will.

Something I have been saying for a while. Brown was apparently brought in to get us promoted but i still maintain we had more chance of that by keeping Sturrock. I guess Sturrock would have played Leonard and Lund at Wembley in midfield rather that Mohsni, another abortion of a decision by Brown.

You have said this, but have been unable to provide any examples of an instant where a manager has come in, inherited the previous managers team, and been expected to gain promotion. To my mind, anyone who thought we were likely to afford a manager capable of doing this is living on another planet.

For what it's worth, I'd have possibly given Sturrock until the end of the season to gain promotion for the very reason in my first paragraph.... At the end of the day, no-one knew his players better than Sturrock, so he was the best man for the task of getting us promoted in the 7 games that remained. I'd have sacked him at the end of the season had he failed to gain us promotion though.

I felt Brown had a tough ask when he came in and I made a personal decision to write off last year and give Brown until Xmas. I still stand by that and would do if it were even Peter Taylor coming in to take charge as I believe all new managers deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I do believe Sturrock had run out of ideas and his time was up. He had managed 4 wins in 15 games and these losses were pretty dreadful ones against the likes of Barnet and Wimbledon. The first thing PB did when he came in was beat Aldershot, which for me, I could of kissed the guy for that win alone! Sturrock failed at every opportunity to get one over on that Tinpot outfit!

Back