• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
The perfect steak
The grill chefs from I'm Angus restaurant, Sydney, share the secret of the perfect steak with you.

Choosing the right cut of meat is essential:
Fillet, Rump or Sirloin, Porterhouse or T-bone are all excellent for pan cooking or char-grilling, depending on your personal preference.

Marinating:
Using a combination of the following to marinate your steaks, remembering the longer you leave it the richer the flavour.

* Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt
* Mustard Seeds
* Sugar
* Red Wine
* Garlic
* Herbs & Spices

Cooking
1. Oil the steaks not the pan, using extra virgin Olive Oil.
2. Set heat on medium. Always have the pan hot before starting.
3. Place steaks in pan, do not turn until sealed, and juices have risen (usually 1 to 1 ½ minutes.) Turn and continue to cook to desired.

Cooking Times (depending on thickness):
Rare: 2-5 minutes
Medium: 8-12 minutes
Well: 12-15 minutes

More Tips

* Become great friend with your butcher! Tell them what you intend to cook and ask for the recommended cut.

* Remove the meat from the fridge at least ½ an hour before cooking.

* Resting the meat is essential. Allow the meat to rest around 5 minutes before serving, covered with foil in a warm place. A pre-heated oven (turned off) or a warming tray is perfect.

Make A Meal Of It!
Now you've perfected the art of the cooking your favourite steak, turn it into the perfect meal. Re-create this divine three-course dinner, as supplied by the head chef at I'm Angus restaurant, Sydney

Entree:
Barbecued Baby Octopus with a Citrus and Chilli Dressing

Main:
Steak with Béarnaise Sauce

Dessert:
Chocolate Fondant Cakes

Fillet steak, 2mins per side is all you need.

Agree in principle, but does depend on the thickness. Like mine to not colour everything else on the plate red when I eat it, so as long as it's red but not running then that's fine. Also lots of olive oil, salt and pepper - nice and simple.

Agree in principle, but does depend on the thickness. Like mine to not colour everything else on the plate red when I eat it, so as long as it's red but not running then that's fine. Also lots of olive oil, salt and pepper - nice and simple.

Smack the cow on it's @rse, stick it on a plate, it's done.

Heat the pan or griddle until you think its going to burst into flames.

No oil or marinades or fannying about.

2 mins each side (EXACTLY)

Job done

Enjoy your perfect steak.

PS anybody who uses sauces on steak are heathens who do not enjoy the fantastic taste of meat. Stick to vegetables!

The best steak and chips I have ever eaten was when working in Geneva. All of my expat colleagues said that I had to go to a place called Relais de l'Entrecôte.

It only does one main course - Steak and frites and is served with a bearnaise style sauce in which to dip your frites.

When my portion turned up I thought it was a bit small but enjoyed it nonetheless.

The waiting staff then took my empty plate and then returned with an identical meal!

I didn't know but because the steaks are quite big they cut them in half and cook each half for you seperately.

:stunned:

I think The General may take insult to that!!! ;) :D

Em.

Last edited:
Back