• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personal crusades

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I am on a bit of a mission to reduce plastic consumption at the moment and am trying to avoid as much pre-packaged food as possible.

Anyone else?

As a society, we should probably eat less meat. But I love meat.

So I'm doing my very little bit by going veggie at lunchtimes. A falafel wrap is calling me today. Although this does mean I sometimes buy a pre-packaged cheese sandwich. Sorry MC.

So I'm doing my very little bit by going veggie at lunchtimes. A falafel wrap is calling me today. Although this does mean I sometimes buy a pre-packaged cheese sandwich. Sorry MC.
Cows are a massive cause of greenhouse gasses (cue joke about mung beans causing human gasses (no one actually eats them)).
Embracing the plastic avoidance in my household - Mrs is really on it, the kids are kicking off about real soap being 'dirty'!

Cows are a massive cause of greenhouse gasses (cue joke about mung beans causing human gasses (no one actually eats them)).
Embracing the plastic avoidance in my household - Mrs is really on it, the kids are kicking off about real soap being 'dirty'!

Good job those brave frontiersman killed of 60 million American Bison then. My house would be flooded otherwise.

Don't eat any junk food. Only had 1 McDs since 2000 and that was out of desperation (US Freeway, not much options for a cheese & pickle sandwich) and it was revolting.

Don't eat any junk food. Only had 1 McDs since 2000 and that was out of desperation (US Freeway, not much options for a cheese & pickle sandwich) and it was revolting.

McDonalds is not revolting.

What precisely is junk food anyway? If you ate a Nigel Slater recipe every day I bet you would whack on a few stone.

9qcR8CZSb-thHHZhIYJZxREg8mOnS_UGQRMQllsQlIc.jpg

Last edited:
I eat a lot of quorn, instead of using beef mince in a lasagne I’ll use quorn mince. Their chicken pieces are very good so I try to cut out meat but unfortunately McDonald’s is my Achilles heel. I cannot resist and will no doubt have one tomorrow whilst out on the road.

Bottled water! Why? The stuff from the tap is ok and rarely do people drink water unadulterated, flavoured etc.

Bottled water! Why? The stuff from the tap is ok and rarely do people drink water unadulterated, flavoured etc.

Yes another one of mine. This absolute gubbins that you have to drink 2L of the stuff a day. I wonder who put that out......:whistling:

Do you know, its been proved that the stuff from the tap undergoes far more rigorous testing than the bottled stuff. Bottled water is one of the biggest cons that has ever been foistered on the public.

I posted this some years ago.

water_full.jpg

Back