• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I seem to remember Clarkey getting in a scrap during his first game for us against Col Ewe reserves!

Just think, it could have been a story about Clarke beating up 6,000 COl U fans after his defensive mate had a ball chucked at him last season.....

We are not used to having good defenders at Huddersfield, so Peter Clarke has been taken on board by the fans as though he is an apostle. He has been absolutely outstanding in the friendly games thus far and he is just what we have been looking for. I fully sympathise in a completely non-patronising way over your loss of such a player and it makes such a change to benefit rather than be the victims of such transactions. A really good defender makes such a difference to the defenders around him as I believe you witnessed yourselves when Dervite?(sp) graced our division.

We haven't scored for 2 games, so you could do us or get a draw. We haven't conceded many either thanks largely to Mr Clarke.

UUUUUURH thats bloody depressing! .Mind you I would rather he was doing the bussness at Huddersfield than if he had gone to Leeds or another club that are legends in their own minds...so the best of luck to him and you.

Thought i'd drop by and let you know how he is getting on. He has settled straight in and put in some top drawer performances. Picked up 85%+ of the MOM poll for the Newcastle game. Looks top class and just what we have needed for years. Can see where you were coming from when you mentioned his 40 yard passes, a few wayward balls so far but his defensive ability more than makes up for that. Been made captain aswell.

Robinson has been less impressive but has scored two hat tricks against Corby and Morecambe. Still settling in but his pace will cause teams problems. Just needs to sort his touch out.

We're really going to miss these two.

I would say though in these sensitive times the last thing we want to know is how good our former players are.:'(

Thought i'd drop by and let you know how he is getting on. He has settled straight in and put in some top drawer performances. Picked up 85%+ of the MOM poll for the Newcastle game. Looks top class and just what we have needed for years. Can see where you were coming from when you mentioned his 40 yard passes, a few wayward balls so far but his defensive ability more than makes up for that. Been made captain aswell.

I just hope for your sake that you have a commanding top class centre half playing alongside him. If you dont then I am sure you will be letting in plenty of goals and look vulnerable at set pieces and high balls into the box.He was only impressive for us when playing alongside Dervite.

Always a player who looks better than he is due to his wholehearted approach and last ditch tackles which normally arise from him being out of position in the 1st place.
Also has never played in a side who has conceded less than 60 goals in a season.

Rub it in why don't you? :p
It's good to see things are working out for Clarkey

I just hope for your sake that you have a commanding top class centre half playing alongside him. If you dont then I am sure you will be letting in plenty of goals and look vulnerable at set pieces and high balls into the box.He was only impressive for us when playing alongside Dervite.

Always a player who looks better than he is due to his wholehearted approach and last ditch tackles which normally arise from him being out of position in the 1st place.
Also has never played in a side who has conceded less than 60 goals in a season.

I can't remember when we last conceded less than 60 goals, so he'll feel at home!:)

Udders've only conceded 4 (scored 23) in all our friendlies so far, so someone at the back is doing something right. It might not be that he needs a huge defender alongside him, it could just be that he can't play with Barrett(sp?).

I'm certain skinner is not gloating, I just think that he thought you would be interested since he left you without any ill-feeling. I'm sure you're like us in that you like some of your favourite ex-players to do well, even though in this case it is complicated by us being one of your rivals.

It might not be that he needs a huge defender alongside him, it could just be that he can't play with Barrett(sp?).

That's what a lot of people thought! He didn't look as good alongisde Sodje, Spinner or a few other centre backs but really stood out with Dervite next to him. Obviously his confidence must be sky high, new baby, scored injury time equaliser at Stamford Bridge, player of the year, fantastic form, moved to a bigger (financially and probably league position wise this season too) club closer to home and made captain straight away! With all that happenning in 7 months or so he must be happy and on top of his game, best of luck to him and to Udders this season, just save the good performances until after you've played us please!

He has settled straight in and put in some top drawer performances. Picked up 85%+ of the MOM poll for the Newcastle game. Looks top class

Must be that swine flu, he'll be back to his normal self soon enough dont you worry.

Back