• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Clarke - has he ever had a better game for us ?

CC51DAS

President
I confess to not always having been a PC fan, but I have to say that I am having trouble remembering a better all round performance from a Blues player than the one he produced today.

Tilly described it as immense and he certainly was.

I should perhaps add that playing alongside Dorian who was also superb has certainly helped !

He was awesome today, his reaction at full time tells he that he's staying, just sign the effing contract Peter !!!!

I wasn't so impressed with DD today but PC was awesome.

Think he has excelled since Mr B went to LB, probably because he likes being the number one cB.

I don't think it is a coincidence that since Dervite has signed the only goals we have conceded have been from a penalty and a free kick.

Peter Clarke was absolutely superb for us today!

Our defence was basically bombarded for 70 mins but still held strong.

Well done Clarkey, Man of the match.

I don't think it is a coincidence that since Dervite has signed the only goals we have conceded have been from a penalty and a free kick.

Good point Harry. I think Bish has a point too because he did get pulled out of position a few times but he more than compensated for that with some great headers and distribution plus he showed the ability to be in the right place from set pieces.

I liked the way he is getting quite passionate - supposedly a few weeks ago he wasn't so keen to be a shrimper.

Would be nice to think we could keep him -

Dorian restes chez les Bleues, STP !

best bit of his performance was at the end when he was waving and laughing and col ewe fans. haha.

they deserved everything they got after throwing the ball at ab. was good to see clarke go running over and defend his captain.

well played

Surely Tilly now realises the Clarke/Barrett partnership is a non started for next season, assuming Dervitte goes back to Spurs and Clarke signs a new contract.

Still not sure Barrett is a long term option at Left back though. Does make a difference away from home though when you have more defensive minded full backs.

Still not sure Barrett is a long term option at Left back though. Does make a difference away from home though when you have more defensive minded full backs.

The commentators on BBC Essex made that point, that since Sankofa and Barrett have been our full backs the defence has been more solid compared to when we had Francis and Harding.

number one is peter clarke
number two is peter clarke
number three is peter clarke
number four is peter clarke
number five is peter clarke
number six is peter clarke
number seven is peter clarke
number eight is peter clarke
number nine is peter clarke
number ten is collymore
number eleven is peter clarke
number twelve is peter clarke...

we all in a peter clarke world, a peter clarke world, a peter clarke world...

I confess to not always having been a PC fan, but I have to say that I am having trouble remembering a better all round performance from a Blues player than the one he produced today.

Tilly described it as immense and he certainly was.

answer NO best game by far

He works really well with Dorian. Nearly every corner and freekick that went in, Clarke was the one who got in first!

I wasn't so impressed with DD today but PC was awesome.

Think he has excelled since Mr B went to LB, probably because he likes being the number one cB.

I'd say that he plays the number 2 CB adn needs someone to be the number one alongside him, like Dervitte.

But that was easily his best game in a Southend shirt.

ive always liked clarke even when people slated him.. Get him a new contract on the table and we will be cruising!

Glad to hear he had a better game yesterday. Absolutely delighted.

The whole back four has looked betted since Clarke and Barrett were split up, I have long said on this website that these 2 cannot and have never been able to play together. Barrett was superb on Sat at left back, a true captains performance and yes I agree that Clarkey was prob the man of the match, however, I believe that Sankawfa deserves huge praise for his recent performances, he just gets on with his job, with little fuss. Tilly said he started Grant to block out Yaets, who is without doubt Col Ewes best player, however, I hate to say this, Grant was pretty poor on Sat, & that Sankawfa nulified Yates all by himself.

But it was, without doubt, the best back 5 performance from a Southend team that I can remember for many a season, great effort by all 5 of them.

Can't decide whether I enjoyed his performance on Saturday more than his goalscoring one at Stamford Bridge. Either way, the boy done good.

Back