• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildenhall
Edinburgh
Jupp
Clark (P)
Butters
Ling
Hodges
Gridelet
Byrne
Constantine
Carruthers

Hmm, was going to ridicule you, but that's not a bad effort at a 4th XI. Nevertheless..... Constantine and Carruthers up front WTF? Who out of Barnard, Eastwood, Collymore, Benjamin, Angell, Crown and Cadette doesn't make it (and that's assuming you're not including Steve Phillips, who you might have seen as you're older than me)? Then there's the likes of Mooney, Goater, Thomson, Gray, Harrold who all plied their trade at a higher level than those one season wonders.

ps Who's on the right-wing for your 2nd and 3rd team if you've got both Ling and Byrne in the 4ths - Benno and Petts?

For what its worth my 4th X1 would be:

Mildenhall
Hunt
Lapper
Bodley
Peter Johnson
Bentley
Cornwell
Guttridge
Ling
Barnard
Benjamin

And Peter Clarke is nowhere near that team.

FWIW

my 4th XI is

Mildenhall
Jupp
P. Johnson
Butters
McNally (for his first season with us, if we have to take into account his second season I'll go for Edwards)
Guttridge
Maher
Bentley
Moussa
Barnard
Mooney

He so is NOT. Coughlan had an awesome game against Bristol City, Phillips and Prosser had hardly put a foot wrong before Saturday. Mohsni is an unrefined Efe Sodje, he'll be busting a gut alright but he's going to end up with an absolute bucketload of cards. Peter Clarke has been found out so many times, by so many players.....I loved him when he was here but he had a lot of faults.

But arent you tha same person that rated Alan mcormack with practically an 8 in every game regardless how badly he played?

All due respect but peter clarke is head and shoulders above what we have with maybe the exception of Bilel who has RAW talent.

The fact that he has played premier league championship and is now with a title contender and one of the bigger sides in league 1 and not with a league 2 side made of journeymen would prove this point would it not?

Last edited:
FWIW

my 4th XI is

Mildenhall
Jupp
P. Johnson
Butters
McNally (for his first season with us, if we have to take into account his second season I'll go for Edwards)
Guttridge
Maher
Bentley
Moussa
Barnard
Mooney

Blimey, he has been gone a week and I forgot all about the Moose. Hmmm, think he may edge Ling for my left sided spot then.

Other than that its quite similar. However I had Mcnally, Maher and Mooney in my 3rd X1

But arent you tha same person that rated Alan mcormack with practically an 8 in every game regardless how badly he played?

All due respect but peter clarke is head and shoulders above what we have with maybe the exception of Bilel who has RAW talent.

The fact that he has played premier league championship and is now with a title contender and one of the bigger sides in league 1 and not with a league 2 side made of journeymen would prove this point would it not?

I dont think they will be a title contender because of the fact that he is in the side, his teams always concede too many goals and he is a liability. I would suggest at best that he is an average league 1 player with someone good along side him. However I agree that he would get in our current team which really does reflect the dire situation we are in.

I dont think they will be a title contender because of the fact that he is in the side, his teams always concede too many goals and he is a liability. I would suggest at best that he is an average league 1 player with someone good along side him. However I agree that he would get in our current team which really does reflect the dire situation we are in.

The same peter clarke that helped us into the play offs alongside barrett aka the wrestler

Hmm, was going to ridicule you, but that's not a bad effort at a 4th XI. Nevertheless..... Constantine and Carruthers up front WTF? Who out of Barnard, Eastwood, Collymore, Benjamin, Angell, Crown and Cadette doesn't make it (and that's assuming you're not including Steve Phillips, who you might have seen as you're older than me)? Then there's the likes of Mooney, Goater, Thomson, Gray, Harrold who all plied their trade at a higher level than those one season wonders.

ps Who's on the right-wing for your 2nd and 3rd team if you've got both Ling and Byrne in the 4ths - Benno and Petts?

OK, well. First XI - Collymore/Eastwood; 2nd XI - Angell/Cadette and 3rd XI - Crown/Phillips. Maybe I could have put Goater or Mooney in, but I like the shape of Gandhi and Constantine/

right wing for 2nd XI - Benno, 3rd XI - JCR.

OK, well. First XI - Collymore/Eastwood; 2nd XI - Angell/Cadette and 3rd XI - Crown/Phillips. Maybe I could have put Goater or Mooney in, but I like the shape of Gandhi and Constantine/

right wing for 2nd XI - Benno, 3rd XI - JCR.

Have given you some green for your love of Benno and Grids, but Barney and Benji (or Mooney) would **** all over Gandhi and Carruthers.

I'd forgotten about JCR, but he might end up in my 3rd team by default as I think he might still be inside Anthony Grant's pocket.

Has just been credited with an own goal for Huddersfield according to sky sports live centre, versus Arsenal at the Emirates in the FA Cup 4th round.

And now Arsenal are down to ten men. 40 minutes played. Arsenal winning, but have 1 man less now.

Last edited:
Not only does he still get a game, he signed a contract extension this week. And he's played every minute of every league game for Huddersfield this season.

Back