• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now aged 33...if we went up and his demands were reasonable I would have him back on a one year deal. His experience in and around the dressing room would bolster that of Barrett and assist in the progress of our younger defenders like Bolger and Thompson. A natural leader so I would say yes

Yes he was a tough and committed player, but he only ever impressed me alongside Dervitte

Why do so many people want to staff the team with ex players?

Because the majority of them have stayed playing in a higher league. They know the club etc, but I was actually joking hence the winking face! I set out the bait and I hooked myself a big one.

No thanks. He doesnt have that yard of pace anymore to make up for his errors which we all know was a regular occurrence.

Clarke and Barrett at the back, dear god no, I still have nightmares every time we had to defend a dead ball situation. I no we were in Champ but I think we conceded 80 plus goals that season.

Still fondly remember THAT goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup to get us the replay at Roots Hall. For that alone, I have a soft spot for Peter Clarke. A comeback would not have the same impact as Adam Barratt, so probably better he stays an ex-shrimper!

Cut me up in his Range Rover when he played for us, he was in the fast lane, London bound by Tesco, (you all know where I mean) I was in the slow lane going towards Eastwood, I made him go round the roundabout, as I was in the slow lane he had no option, he has a really bad temper, pulled up beside me and hung on his horn, so I wound the window down, he said do you know who I am (I a high pitched Scouse accent) I just laughed at him.

Cut me up in his Range Rover when he played for us, he was in the fast lane, London bound by Tesco, (you all know where I mean) I was in the slow lane going towards Eastwood, I made him go round the roundabout, as I was in the slow lane he had no option, he has a really bad temper, pulled up beside me and hung on his horn, so I wound the window down, he said do you know who I am (I a high pitched Scouse accent) I just laughed at him.
Never really liked the guy myself either, his mrs is always up her own *** as well, and wat I've been told about the parents well, they think they are royalty:nope:

Clarke is a lovely fella.

Spoken to him an awful lot over the past 18 months or so.

Never really liked the guy myself either, his mrs is always up her own *** as well, and wat I've been told about the parents well, they think they are royalty:nope:

I don't know what they have against them but I always found his parents to be very nice and friendly people who travelled to every game from up North to support their son. Always best to believe nothing you hear, half of what you read and not everything you see. Slagging them off unless you have your own personal reasons is rather harsh.

Back