• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still going strong! Scored both goals for Tranmere in their 2-1 win against Crawley yesterday.

Played all 12 of their games this season so far to go with the 53 last season.
I dont follow tranmere, but i imagine they have pacey defenders around him. Unlike us.

Reactions: GDM
According to Soccerbase he is now on 728 League appearances. With James Coppinger and Wes Morgan retiring, I can’t find any other current players with more than 500! If he keeps fit he could make the top 20 of all time League appearances by the end of the season.

Last season he was Tranmere’s players player of the season.
If Wikipedia is to be believed (and checking their reference, there’s a slight discrepancy in the totals!), Peter Clarke is now 13th on the all-time list, one place below another current player, Dean Lewington, with either 764 or 767 league appearances.

Other active players with over 500 league appearance are: Luke Chambers, Kevin Ellison (just released by Newport), Adebayo Akinfenwa, James Milner and Chris Lines (just released by Stevenage).

Signed for Walsall on a one-year deal. Some moans from their fans on Twitter as he's 40 years old now, but clearly none of them looking into a bit deeper and realising that he might be an anomaly, having got into the L2 Team of the Season and been the only outfield player in the division to play every minute of every game. Quite remarkable.

I remember Marc Antoine Fortune taking the p*ss out of Peter Clarke at the away game at Oldham some years ago by performing tricks in and around their penalty box. We were cruising to a win & Clarkey clearly thought "b*llocks to this" and took down M.A.F. for a free kick.

I thought then that perhaps Clarkey should be considering his future ............ that just shows you what I know!

As said above - top man.

Signed for Walsall on a one-year deal. Some moans from their fans on Twitter as he's 40 years old now, but clearly none of them looking into a bit deeper and realising that he might be an anomaly, having got into the L2 Team of the Season and been the only outfield player in the division to play every minute of every game. Quite remarkable.

Did the same in 20/21 season too. Last league game he missed was in February 2020.

He has had multiple seasons where he has played every game.

There is a reason he has well over 700 games under his belt.

Back