• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Gilbert

Honest? No way. Whenever he made a mistake he would blame someone else. I don't call that honest. I call that being ****

Oh FarmDog you are so critical of this guy who was clearly Championship standard but we failed to play to his strengths so its all Luggy's fault

Oh FarmDog you are so critical of this guy who was clearly Championship standard but we failed to play to his strengths so its all Luggy's fault

Could you please state his strengths? I actually thought defensively he was okay but got beat too easiliy and had no pace whatsoever.

Could you please state his strengths? I actually thought defensively he was okay but got beat too easiliy and had no pace whatsoever.

He got better going forwards and could cross the ball fairly well. IIRC, at the start of last season, after he'd had the operation that was supposed to have hampered him most of the previous season, we were favourably disposed towards the new, improved Gilbert. The loss of form/confidence seemed to coincide pretty much with the to-do with Mohsni.

He seemed to upset a few of the other players too; not just Bilel but also Martin who couldn't understand the hoofs and Barks who passed it sideways, moved into space and never got the ball passed back as Gilbers gave it a hoof.

Gilbo had a footballing brain whereas the others graduated with honours from the same academy David 'not very bright' Beckham came from. Gilbo had world class vision and the rest had conference level. Only Peter Clarke and David Morley are on a par for spotting a great pass.

Gilbo had a footballing brain whereas the others graduated with honours from the same academy David 'not very bright' Beckham came from. Gilbo had world class vision and the rest had conference level. Only Peter Clarke and David Morley are on a par for spotting a great pass.

Thats a bit harsh on Gary Richards

I can't tell if your taking the **** or actually being serious?

I was joking gilbo is a reasonable defender but is prone to at least one mistake per match and a serious clanger every few matches. I think he was similar to Che Wilson. Not great but could do a job.

how dare these people compare that useless tit gilbert to che? che was an excellent left back and a great bloke, if he hadnt been unlucky with injuries we wouldnt have let him go

Gilbert trialled for Dagenham & Redbridge yesterday against a Brighton XI.

met him a number of times, always had time for fans for a chat, saw him before a cambridge away match, had about a 10 minute chat to him and he just seemed like a nice guy

Back