• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Peter Taylor would jump at chance to help Southend United

I remember him the first time round.
So no thanks as a manager.
But I do feel he could bring something to the club in a different capacity, he seems to be passionate about our club, and bringing bouncing euthisasium into the club is not a bad thing, the glass is always half full and not empty sernario.

Great career did okay as a manager ,as others have said maybe not at Southend , but yes he seems very passionate about the club ,fits the bill for what Ron is looking for .good to have around the club yes, I think he could give some excellent advice if we were to appoint say Currie and Fagan,believe in some role he could help them out .

Great career did okay as a manager ,as others have said maybe not at Southend , but yes he seems very passionate about the club ,fits the bill for what Ron is looking for .good to have around the club yes, I think he could give some excellent advice if we were to appoint say Currie and Fagan,believe in some role he could help them out .

Peter Taylor still yearns for the manager's job at Southend and he should either be appointed on that basis or not at all. He was a great player and I am sure he loves the club that gave him his big chance. But Peter has had his chance to manage Southend and I think it is time to go for a fresh appointment.

I would not want to see a new manager whether it is Currie, Fagan or Maher being undermined by a Director of Football like Peter Taylor or someone else.

He had the ability of taking over good teams that had been built by someone else and ruining them!

Great career as a player including roots hall. A very respectable career as a manager if not in his short spell with us. May not be the right time to come back but a bit of respect is deserved surely.

I think he learned a very valuable lesson from his time with us. He had a squad that wouldn't play for him because he wasn't Barry Fry. Most of the squad wanted away and treated him really badly. He learned not to put himself in that position again.

A few years after he left I was on holiday with a few friends, two of which were brothers. Their father was involved with SUFC. Anyway, on the last night of our holiday we bumped into Peter Taylor and family in a bar. The brothers said hello and introduced themselves. When he realised who they were he became really friendly and talkative. We spend the whole evening talking to him, whilst also staring at his daughter...

He told us all about the squad and what went on. He also told us that he'd just been to Chris Powell's wedding and half the squad were there. Apparently they spent the evening apologising to him for the way they behaved.

Back