• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Peter Taylor would jump at chance to help Southend United

'Well, he would would't he...' (Mandy Rice-Davies 1962) Yours truly, 2020.
I thought he would turn out to be a great manager, but I don't think his personality suits the lower leagues.

I don't know too much about him but given the experience he has could he potentially be a Director of Football?

'Well, he would would't he...' (Mandy Rice-Davies 1962) Yours truly, 2020.
I thought he would turn out to be a great manager, but I don't think his personality suits the lower leagues.

His personality suited the lower leagues. If memory serves me correctly got Brighton, Gillingham and Hull all promoted from L1.

It was at Championship level he was out of his depth.

Felt a bit sorry for Taylor, when Fry left we played some decent football under him, but when the side broke up, it went down hill. Admittedly not helped by his appalling signings!!

Shrimperzone is weird.. lots of people wanting Ranger back (possibly one of the worst signings / humans we have ever had) but not wanting Peter Taylor to 'help out' - someone who has a successful career including managing England..!

I doubt we have money to pay him - but if he wants to help out then a DOF role would be ideal (similar to Bazza Fry at P'boro)

Shrimperzone is weird.. lots of people wanting Ranger back (possibly one of the worst signings / humans we have ever had) but not wanting Peter Taylor to 'help out' - someone who has a successful career including managing England..!

I doubt we have money to pay him - but if he wants to help out then a DOF role would be ideal (similar to Bazza Fry at P'boro)

Pretty sure Michael Ricketts and Liam Ridgewell easily beat him!

If Ron decides to appoint a rocky manager like Fagan or Maher then having Taylor in the backroom team isn't a bad idea.Loads of experience.His last management post at Daggers didn't go well as he was struggling and in pain with his knees.After all would fit the category for what Ron is looking for.

The only candidate for a DoF role should be Ricky Duncan but there should always be a role available for Spud at Roots Hall. It doesn't even need to be a formal or paid role but I reckon we should have him around the place like Goochie is for Essex.

Pretty sure Michael Ricketts and Liam Ridgewell easily beat him!

Their Southend careers were brief and terrible but they didn't leave behind a riven dressing room.

A great player for us ,but managerial wise didn't shine .Always thought his successful Gillingham spell owed a lot to Pulis for the assembling of the team.

He went on to have a very good managerial career after us. Think we would be lucky to have him. Also would be nice for him to redeem himself in some way, I’m sure he probably has regrets from his first spell. I’m not saying manager, but with his experience, bring him in in some capacity.

Back