• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Taylor

Wickford blues

Schoolboy
Has anybody got anything good to say about him. I thought he had southend interests at heart but instead he tries to steal our players!

Well, he obviously has the club he is managing at whatever time in his heart, otherwise he would be out of a job. He's job is to do the best he can with whatever club he manages and if that means nicking our best players, then so be it. I obviously don't want Maher and Cort to leave, but what can we do about it. Its down to Tilly and Ron Martin to give them better contracts, and try to play up the club and where he thinks it is going, so that they sign. And if they do sign and stay, and we do well in the league the all the better!!
smile.gif

Does that make sense?
rock.gif

Denis Law scored against Man Utd the club he loved which relegated them. He loved Man Utd but still scored for the club he paid for. Peter Taylor I'm sure will look out for Southend Uniteds scores but will do as well as he can for Hull who are his employers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford blues @ May 24 2004,16:55)]Has anybody got anything good to say about him.  I thought he had southend interests at heart but instead he tries to steal our players!
Peter Taylor can only offer our players contracts they have to accept them.

Just because his our old manager he seems to come down and try and poach our best players even though we didn't do too well in the league. With Hull promoted and us still down here why should Maher and Cort go to division two when they haven't been good enough to get us out of division three.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford blues @ May 24 2004,17:06)]Just because his our old manager he seems to come down and try and poach our best players even though we didn't do too well in the league.  With Hull promoted and us still down here why should Maher and Cort go to division two when they haven't been good enough to get us out of division three.
Because someone's offering them the chance, that's why.

If Taylor was our manager, but didn't approach a Hull starlet that was out of contract because he had "Hulls interest at heart" and didn't want to take their best players, how long do you think he'd last as a manager?

And if somone offered you the chance to do whatever job you do at a higher level and for more money what would you do?

Please people, some of this stuff is getting ridiculous!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford blues @ May 24 2004,16:55)]Has anybody got anything good to say about him.  I thought he had southend interests at heart but instead he tries to steal our players!
You're a disgrace. Peter Taylor gave his all for this club and you have the cheek to call him 'SCUM'.

Sort your life out mate. If we wanted those players that badly and they wanted to stay, we'd have sewn up their contracts. As it is, Taylor is merely looking at players who will be free agents if their contracts aren't signed.

It's up to Maher and Cort where they go. So what if Peter has approached them. Like someone else said if we wanted to keep them so much their deals would have been sorted ages ago. If they get offered a better deal elsewhere why shouldn't they except it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford blues @ May 24 2004,18:06)]Just because his our old manager he seems to come down and try and poach our best players even though we didn't do too well in the league. With Hull promoted and us still down here why should Maher and Cort go to division two when they haven't been good enough to get us out of division three.
There are often mid-table 3rd division teams with one or two good players who can step up to the second.

Have you thought about it another way?

Maybe it's because of these quality players, we didn't get relegated.

I also agree that to call Peter Taylor 'scum' is out of order. I don't doubt his interest in Southend United as a club dear to his heart, but he has a job to do. The likelihood is, if he didn't come in for any of our best players, other clubs would and they may be off any way. Why should he miss out on players he believes in just because they're at Southend?

Taylor was one of our best ever players and that will never change.

If he acted in any other way than he is now, I'd say he's lost the plot and is very unprofessional.

rock.gif

[b said:
Open your eyes for once in your life!

Do you really understand personal needs to better oneself?

Footballers, including managers are out to get everything they can from the game. This includes taking better opportunities when they arise.

We should not be calling Peter Taylor "Scum" but feeling proud that a higher division team rates our players so highly.

Good luck to each of them should they leave but whatever happens "Scum" is not how you should refer to Peter Taylor!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 24 2004,17:23)]
[b said:
You're a disgrace.  Peter Taylor gave his all for this club and you have the cheek to call him 'SCUM'.

Sort your life out mate.  If we wanted those players that badly and they wanted to stay, we'd have sewn up their contracts.  As it is, Taylor is merely looking at players who will be free agents if their contracts aren't signed.
And Peter Taylor was IMHO our finest home produced player who if I may remind you played for England !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To refer to him as scum is well and truly right out of order you under aged tw*t !

Let me paint an imaginary picture for the 'Taylor is scum' brigade.

Canvey's Boylan starts next season scoring 20 goals in the first 12 games in the Conference next season.

Obviously, league teams will start sniffing around.

In the meantime, we're not setting the world alight up front and risk another dire season in mid-table.

Should Tilson say:

A: "Boylan looks like the type of player we need at Southend. With him, I firmly believe we'll get the goals we need to make the play-offs... he's affordable... and looks like making a move to a third divisision team. I know there are calls for us to sign him... and being a local club and somebody I know well... I am also aware that he'd be interested in joining us... but alas... I can't really make a move for him because I use to play for Canvey and was part of their management team. I just don't think it would be right... so... *like I say*... he'll have to go to another club and play well against us."

Or:

B: "He's the kind of player for us... *like I say*... Canvey's a club I respect... so he'll be a great catch."

How would you feel, as SUFC supporters... if Tilly - our - manager went with option A?

Would you agree with Canvey supporters that he's scum?

I think not.

Back